Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tillitea
    • May 2003

Double-Layered or Double-Sided

Hi, I was just wondering if there is a such thing as recordable DVD's that are either double-sided or double-layered? Thanks if you have any info.

tillitea
  • DonBerg
    • Aug 2003

Double-layered, not yet - maybe late next year. Double-sided, yes but they are expensive and really no better than two cheaper single-sided DVDRs. You still have to open the player and flip a double-sided DVD so you can just as easily eject and replace it.

Comment

• tillitea
      • May 2003

Thanks

Late next year is better than I would have thought. Can't wait for that. However, I'd probably have to buy a new burner because they will probably come out with burners for double-layered at the same time. Yeah, you're right about the double- sided disks. Besides, you're taking a chance of a scratch with those because there is no safe side to rest on.

tillitea

Comment

• DonBerg
        • Aug 2003

Also you have no chance at labeling double-sided discs. Most likely the first models of double-layer drives and media will be expensive, perhaps by 2005 it will be worth upgrading - 2 years is about how often I've upgraded my burner drives anyway, when the price of the new ones are as cheap or cheaper than the drive I'm using. I bought a 4x DVD+=RW drive a few months ago cheaper than the plain 24X CDRW drive a bought a couple years ago!

Comment

Working...