X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • babuman
    • Nov 2003

combining two DVDs preserving all extras

Hi all,
    I have some DVD movies split on two DVD disks (created using DVDXCopy). At the time I did not know about Shrink or Nero re-code or such options to put all on one DVD. Now I want to do exactly that. I transferred disk1 to Dir1 and disk2 to Dir2. Combining the VOBs from both places by editing the VOB IDs and then creating new IFOs from those VOBs work fine (followed the guide from the ifoedit site) except that I loose all menu and extra features that were on the DVDs. I don't know how to edit the existing IFO file to somehow let it know that there are more VOBs and chapters added now. If I put all the combined VOBs in Dir1, then launch a player like PowerDVD, I can see all the menus and extras. But it only plays upto the original split point and stops. I like all the extra stuff on these DVDs. I am not quite proficient in handling the IFO files manually but can follow instructions. Can anybody tell me how to do this or direct me to some help resources please. I really appreciate it. Thanx

Babu.
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

Now that you know about DVD Shrink, simply use it to both rip and compress your ORIGINAL DVDs to fit on single DVDs (It's a heck of a lot easier than trying to reconvert your split DVDs)...

Comment

• babuman
      • Nov 2003

Thanks for your advice setarip. I only wish I had the original DVD on me. Even if I did, I would like to learn more about DVD authoring and advanced handling of the IFO and VOB files manually. I am sure there must be tons of good resources on the net. Can someone please guide me to them?

Babu.

Comment

Working...