Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tommuffin
    • Nov 2003

Copy protection during dvd shrink analysing

Can any1 help me? i have encountered a problem when trying to use software such as dvd decrypter or dvd shrink. When i place the disk into the tray and start up the programs i get the message 'copy protected will not continue'.

This bothers me a bit as:
    1. ive used this software many times with this dvd writer without problems!!!!! (40 dvd's etc)
    2. ive tried the external dvd writer on another computer (therefore not software related, i think!)

ive tried firm upgrade, usb2 instead of firewire! iam at a loss!!!!

can any1 help?

(running hp300e dvd writer on xp.)
  • Gavin1910
    • Sep 2003

I have come across several dvds that simply cannot be broken by decrypter/shrink or several others i have tried. 2 i can remember offhand are Peter Pan 2 + Cinderella 2, both Disney. Not much help but its not a hardware prob just some discs weren't meant to be copied; yet.....

Comment

• ashy
      • Nov 2003

Not much help but its not a hardware prob just some discs weren't meant to be copied; yet.....
      Bit of daft thing to say that seeing as NO commercial DVD's are MEANT to be copied.

Don't rely on DVDshrink to decrypt your DVD's, is not that good at it yet, but trying 2.3 has been known to solve your problem

Have you tried smartripper? Also try ANYDVD if you have no luck.
      I doubt that this is some kind of new copy protection either which can't be broken.
      This error can sometimes be related to a defective disks such as scratches on the disk.

Even though the error is that it is copy protected, it simply means it can't read the corrupt sectors of the disk and interprets this as unreadable encrypted data.

Check the disk for scratches and polish them out. If they are deep then use some metal polish which should remove them.

Comment

• tommuffin
        • Nov 2003

thanks for your advice. i think that you may have the answer as other dvd's since then have been ok......

thanks once again.

Comment

Working...