• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Quality's Proof
    Digital Video Master
    Digital Video Master
    • Jan 2004

ashy, windtrader,

Talk is talk. You didn't answer my questions, but rather asked other questions.

Are you paid to push commercial software? There are some on some forums, whom do so (it's interactive "tele-marketing").

DUH?

You didn't answer the questions I asked ......

Have you ever been.....?

Have you ever built...?

You try to "talk the talk", but you didn't answer with the "walk"!

The forum is full of posts about Nero bugs and Nero has admitted there are bugs which cause Nero to "limit" the performance of other software. Other forums report Nero's bugs also. There are freeware cd ripping/burning solutions which will rip any of the commercial audio (music) cd's. Nero won't.

There are some posters whom do see the whole picture and do not need to break everything down for a commercial software developer to understand, DUH?
    Rig :

P - 4 @ 1.7 Ghz, 768 mb (133) Ram, Intel 845 chipset M'board, Seagate 60 Gig., 5400 rpsm hdd, Maxtor 40 Gig. 7200 rpm hdd, Hauppauge 880 pvr card, etc.. O.S. - XP Home Edition.

Comment

• Quality's Proof
      Digital Video Master
      Digital Video Master
      • Jan 2004

dmag30,

What I and some other honest posters have/are trying to do is let "newbies", etc. be aware that the commercial software options are sometimes problem plagued and that on some "problem" dvd back-ups, a freeware solution will work when the commercial solutions will not work.

If you are serious about dvd movie back-ups and you have many dvd movies to back-up, the commercial software will fail on some of those back-ups and then your only option is to either not protect your investment (dvd movie) or try the freeware dvd back-up solutions.

The commercial dvd back-up software will back-up ~ 95 % of all commercial dvd movies (sometimes 2 or even 3 different programs are required for this ~95 % result). Whereas, the freeware solutions will in fact back-up 98 % of all commercial dvd movies. Why go with an A rated solution which can cost several $100.00's when the A + freeware isplution s free?

If you are serious about dvd back-ups, you are going to have to try the freeware solutions anyhow, so why bother with commercial software when you can use the freeware and save that money and buy more dvd movies? Many persons have several of the commerial dvd movie back-up softwares and wind up only using the free wares........so, the commercial dvd movie back-ups are really a waste of money.

Everything has been answered correctly and in all actuality, this thread is closed.
      Rig :

P - 4 @ 1.7 Ghz, 768 mb (133) Ram, Intel 845 chipset M'board, Seagate 60 Gig., 5400 rpsm hdd, Maxtor 40 Gig. 7200 rpm hdd, Hauppauge 880 pvr card, etc.. O.S. - XP Home Edition.

Comment

• ashy
        • Nov 2003

I do not wish to debate any further, you on the other hand are intent on proving your case at any cost.
        I however simply want to offer beneficial advice to others which they can take or leave as they please.
        There would would be no point in debating as you will simply repeat yourself, as you have been doing, over and over in a an attempt to convince us of your case.

It is only you that have actively promoted software here (free or otherwise) and seem to have something against commercial software.
        I have not promoted nor undervalued the use of any software.
        I agree if the free solutions work then why not use them (Ialready do), but when I have a software such as NERO which has worked for me for years why should I change it?

If someone has a problem with a piece of software such as Nero and asks for your advice then fine it may be wise for them to try something else whether it be free or not, but I do not think it fair nor wise to make judgmental statements and to declare that if you use a certain software you will have problems as in this quote:

Nero dvd burning = problems !
        Advising someone to try software or defending it is not promoting.
        Posting links and bad mouthing every other software is what I call promoting.

Everything has been answered correctly and in all actuality, this thread is closed.
        Agreed, your aggresive posts are becoming an annoyance with this board and I have nothing further to add to this thread which would be constuctive help to others.
        Last edited by ashy; 5 Feb 2004, 09:46 PM.

Comment

• Quality's Proof
          Digital Video Master
          Digital Video Master
          • Jan 2004

ashy,

I posted facts, not "bad mouthing" and I didn't post any links as the definition requires.

"...proving your case at any cost." WTF, what case? With a case, you imply a court or a forum or a coven, etc.. I'm not on trial, I OWN NERO, you got no bag here, ashy.
          Rig :

Comment

Working...