X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hjs41955
    • Feb 2004

sony dru530a problem (help!!!)

i bought sony dru530a a week ago
    i also bought the enclosure case to use this internal writer as an external device.
    also i bought memorex+rw 4X and Fuji-R 4X along with it
    first of all, i create dvd video project using Tmpgenc DVD Author
    and burned that project using memorex+RW at 4X using nero burning rom ver 6
    it took me about 1 hour and 30 min!!!
    i thought it was supposed to take about 15min
    so i restarted the computer and tried again on another memorex +RW 4X and same result
    so i tried to burn same project again on Fuji -R 4X and after about 4 seconds or so, it failed showing message "focus ......" something.
    i was pissed but tried again on another Fuji -R 4X and it failed at about 4 sec with same error message
    anyone have any idea?
    is it caused by using external enclosure to use it as external device?
    Additionally, my computer is 1G RAM, 1.8G pentium4 with plenty of hard drive space running Windows XP
    should i just return this burner and get another one?
    Someone please help
  • Boxxman
    • Feb 2004

I have done the same thing (bought the DRU-530A and put it in an external USB 2.0 enclosure). I am trying to burn stuff using Nero 6.303 and I get the 'focus or tracking error'. I tried the online customer service rep on sony's site but they do not offer service relating to software not in the bundle. I also tried the Drivechecker utility on sony's site and it gave a write failed result so I emailed them the results and I am supposed to call them 24 hours from then (so I will tonight). I hope to get this solved soon. I don't like turning DVD-Rs into coasters at $1 a pop.

Comment

Working...