Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hjs41955
    • Feb 2004

using external enclosure and DMA, Burnproof issue

i bought an internal DVD burner with the external enclosure so i can use the internal DVD burner as an external
    I know how to enable the DMA if it's used as an internal, but since i use it as external using USB2 or IEEE1394, does anyone know how to enable DMA? or is it even possible?
    i heard that in order to use burnproof(buffer under run protection) one need to enable DMA
    Does any one know?
  • Quality's Proof
    Digital Video Master
    Digital Video Master
    • Jan 2004

Go through the device manager to that long list of devices , etc..
    Rig :

P - 4 @ 1.7 Ghz, 768 mb (133) Ram, Intel 845 chipset M'board, Seagate 60 Gig., 5400 rpsm hdd, Maxtor 40 Gig. 7200 rpm hdd, Hauppauge 880 pvr card, etc.. O.S. - XP Home Edition.

Comment

• kevin abq
      • Jul 2002

Re: using external enclosure and DMA, Burnproof issue

Originally posted by hjs41955
      i bought an internal DVD burner with the external enclosure so i can use the internal DVD burner as an external
      I know how to enable the DMA if it's used as an internal, but since i use it as external using USB2 or IEEE1394, does anyone know how to enable DMA? or is it even possible?
      i heard that in order to use burnproof(buffer under run protection) one need to enable DMA
      Does any one know?
      I've got my IDE burner in an external firewire enclosure and the DMA setting was enabled as default. The underrun buffer works flawlessly. I've been using it for about 2 years now with no problems aside from not being able to write DVD-RAM from the PC because of the firewire interface.
      Cheers!
      Kevin

Comment

Working...