Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ssgoku440
    • Feb 2004

burning help

I just bought windvd creator2 and it allows me to import many different video formats to edit and burn, but when I burn a dvd, it will play on my computer with power dvd but it won’t play on my home dvd player. I tried a Sony and two Panasonic players and still won’t play. I export the video in dvd format onto a dvd+r. what am I doing wrong. I tried contacting intervideo but you know how customer service is.
  • Quality's Proof
    Digital Video Master
    Digital Video Master
    • Jan 2004

Do the standalones actually support the +R disc playback? The owner's manual(s) should show such or a search engine search for those players' spec.'s would simplify things (eliminate non-compatibility issue).
    Rig :

P - 4 @ 1.7 Ghz, 768 mb (133) Ram, Intel 845 chipset M'board, Seagate 60 Gig., 5400 rpsm hdd, Maxtor 40 Gig. 7200 rpm hdd, Hauppauge 880 pvr card, etc.. O.S. - XP Home Edition.

Comment

• ssgoku440
      • Feb 2004

Yes. it’s a Panasonic dvdrv27 it supports dvd+r, dvd-r, and dvd-rw.

Comment

• Quality's Proof
        Digital Video Master
        Digital Video Master
        • Jan 2004

Can you get DVDShrink v. 3. 0 Beta 5 or version 3.1.4.? to open the movie on the hdd (which windvd creator 2 says is ready for burning)?

Because if you can get shrink to open that ready-to-burn movie, you could have 'Shrink re-encode and IMG Tools Classic v. 0.91.1 could then make an Iso image and you could use dvddecrypter to burn the movie and see if it will burn. Or use Classic to make an ISO image of creator2's file and then burn with 'decrypter.

If the windvd creator2 ready-to-burn movie is in ISO form, you could use dvddecrypter to burn that ISO movie and see if the movie will play.

Sometimes a different burn engine (such as dvddecrypter) will solve an incompatibility problem. Also, what type of discs are you using (Manufacturer name, color of disc, special label or what)?

Or, there should be some other freewares to use to solve the problem.

Both DVDDecrypter v. 3.1.9.0 and IMG Tools Classic v. 0.91.1 are freewares (free to download). Classic is available at Coujo.de

Compliant dvd movie back-ups is a formula.

Post specifics and we will help if we can.
        Last edited by Quality's Proof; 5 Feb 2004, 02:52 PM.
        Rig :

P - 4 @ 1.7 Ghz, 768 mb (133) Ram, Intel 845 chipset M'board, Seagate 60 Gig., 5400 rpsm hdd, Maxtor 40 Gig. 7200 rpm hdd, Hauppauge 880 pvr card, etc.. O.S. - XP Home Edition.

Comment

• ssgoku440
          • Feb 2004

Let me tell you exactly what I’m doing . I have over 100 gig of movies and video on my hard drive so I decided to buy an editing software program to edit and burn the stuff on to dvd’s to get back some space. So I bought windvd creator 2 because it let’s me import, edit and export vts files that I get from dvd decrypted along with all the usual video files and divx. Now I think that the software works fine because it will play back the dvds that I made, on power dvd using my computer.
          I’ve been using Sony dvd+r and they are bluish in color. I’ve also tried using hp dvd+r and they are bluish . Some of the dvds work in my friends Sony standalone player but none will work in my Panasonic. I’ve also tried another brand new Panasonic with no luck ether, even though it says it supports dvd+r. I don’t think I need to convert the video into a different format because the software should do that automatically when you burn. Intervideo support told me to buy a apex standalone player to fix my problem other than that they were no help.

Comment

• Quality's Proof
            Digital Video Master
            Digital Video Master
            • Jan 2004

The reason you were told to buy an Apex dvd player by Intervideo is that the cheap Apex's are mostly nothing but a dvd-rom drive with more tolerant (not industry Spec). dvd playing software.

Really s...ty of Intervideo to trick you that way, as their software didn't produce industry spec. compliant playable dvd+r's is what you are saying (they won't play on standalones).

Now, I will tell you what I am doing........ : WHen I asked you if you could get DVDShrink v. 3. 0 Beta 5 or v. 3. 1. 4 to open the movie files on your system, I was trying to determine if they were in fact dvd standalone compliant as DvdShrink usually will not open such files if they are not mostly compliant with standalone dvd players.

So, try to open the movies with DVDShrink. If you can't open them (try several of the ones that wouldn't work in your friend's Sony) with DVDShrink, then the problem is obvious : the "ready to burn" movies are not so "ready" to play on anything but computer dvd player software.

If 'Shrink does open the movies, then most usually the problem is the discs or the burning engine.

So, if 'Shrink opens the movie, then you could use IMG Classic v. 0.91.1 and DVDDecrypter v. 3.1.9.0 to burn that dvd movie and see if it will play.

If it does play : problem solved and since freeware, you don't spend $$$'s and can buy more dvd movies.

If it doesn't play, then is media (or burner....though not likely burner's fault)'s fault. And most doubt it is Sony DVD+R media's fault.

So post and we will try to help you. If problem is solved do post solution so others can view to help them.

BTW DVDShrink v. 3.1.5 is released.
            Last edited by Quality's Proof; 8 Feb 2004, 04:26 PM.
            Rig :

Comment

Working...