X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pic-nic4u
    • Feb 2004

play back probs

hi hope i am in the right place.
    i have just used dvd shrink for the first time . i followed the steps ( well i think) and backed up pirates o.t.c. for the kids to use. now this plays fine on the pc using windvd but when i put the disc in my pioneer player ( which is only six months old) it says it cant play it.. Can anyone help?
    Cheers
  • sfheath
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Sep 2003

I would first check up your player model specifications or look at http://www.dvdrhelp.com./dvdplayers
    Unfortunately not all players like all formats of recordable media - even if only 6 months old
    Also, did you burn all files to a VIDEO_TS folder?
    This isn't a learning curve ... this is b****y mountaineering!

Comment

• pic-nic4u
      • Feb 2004

Yes its a Video_TS , and then I burnt it to dvd, as I said it plays ok on the pc and ps2. When I got the DVD player it said it played just about every thing I could think of (I don't think it play the piano.....) but every thing else Vcd svcd etc.... but i guess not TS. Any idea which player do play this format.
      Cheers

Comment

• sfheath
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • Sep 2003

Piano?!?
        Alas though a machine might stipulate all formats, it doesn't neccessarily mean all brands. I'd check out that link and look for your brand of media.
        Just for the record, what application do you burn with?

Comment

• pic-nic4u
          • Feb 2004

I've used nero and am now using roxio ( which i find better).
          What this link your on about?

Comment

• Quality's Proof
            Digital Video Master
            Digital Video Master
            • Jan 2004

pic.nic.fu,

What a name. Are you burning the -R blanks. Pioneer has always supported such. If the burned discs are -R's (and decent quality generic even), then try to burn those 'Shrink files by using the freewares DVDDecrypter v. 3.1.9.0 and the ISO maker IMG Tools Classic v. 0.91.1. Classic will turn the 'Shrink files into an ISO image and dvddecrypte will burn that iso'ed movie.

I have a Pioneer player and it plays all dvddecrypter's burns (which are correctly authoured). Even the cheaper (not cheapest) dvd-r's.

Advice which will work :

1. Rip that disc with dvddecrypter in all files mode.

2. Do the SHRINK with v. 3. 0 Beta 5 or v. 3.1.4 ?.

3.Start IMG Classic, set the paths (easy to understand guide included in download), and ~ 10 minuters (on a decent rig) later dvddecrypter will automatically burn that dvd movie.

Make sure the disc is compliant with your dvd player +R or -R and your dvd burner will burn that type (+R/-R).
            Rig :

P - 4 @ 1.7 Ghz, 768 mb (133) Ram, Intel 845 chipset M'board, Seagate 60 Gig., 5400 rpsm hdd, Maxtor 40 Gig. 7200 rpm hdd, Hauppauge 880 pvr card, etc.. O.S. - XP Home Edition.

Comment

• sfheath
              Lord of Digital Video
              Lord of Digital Video
              • Sep 2003

Originally posted by pic-nic4u
              What this link your on about?
              In my first message is a link to a website giving users reports of compatibility of disc formats and brands of standalone players.
              Lots of other useful info too. Try clicking on it!

Comment

• ashy
                • Nov 2003

Originally posted by pic-nic4u
                Yes its a Video_TS , and then I burnt it to dvd, as I said it plays ok on the pc and ps2. When I got the DVD player it said it played just about every thing I could think of (I don't think it play the piano.....) but every thing else Vcd svcd etc.... but i guess not TS. Any idea which player do play this format.
                Cheers
                Are you using the DVD-video mode in NERO?

Just move all the files in the VIDEO_TS (not the folder itself) that DVDshrink creates into the red VIDEO_TS that NERO creates.
                This should burn it in the right UDF mode.

DVD's have to burned in UDF mode not DVDROM ISO mode.

Comment

Working...