Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • IPT2
    • Jan 2003

Menu Problem

Hi, i really hope this is the right place to post. My problem is when I use dvdshrink to back up my movie & add menus, when I burn them onto dvd+r & play them I cannot select the menus! I burn using Nero 6. Any suggestions ?
  • nwg
    Left *****
    • Jun 2003

You can't use reauthor and keep menus.

Use software like DVD stripper or Titleset Blanker to remove unwanted bit. Then put into shrink.

Comment

• IPT2
      • Jan 2003

thanks

Comment

• ormonde
        Digital Video Explorer
        • Dec 2003

"My problem is when I use dvdshrink to back up my movie & add menus, when I My problem is when I use dvdshrink to back up my movie & add menus, when I burn them onto dvd+r & play them I cannot select the menus! I burn using Nero 6. Any suggestions ?"

Did you in fact use "Re-author" mode to make your backup, or was it a "Full Disk" backup? If it was re-author, then what nwg suggested is the way to go. DVD Stripper is now freeware, but you must have IFOEdit and DVD Decrypter installed. Stripper uses Decrypter to rip the DVD to your HD in it's own special format. then you can save the job as a "Project File" if you need go back and make changes.

Comment

• nwg
          Left *****
          • Jun 2003

I find Titleset Blanker quicker than DVD Stripper when just removing a couple of extras. The extras do need to have their own VTS file though.

DVD Stripper is best on more complicated DVD's, esp when there is more than one extra in a file. DS can then just remove the bit you want rather than the whole file like TB does.

It is worth having both.

Comment

• ormonde
            Digital Video Explorer
            • Dec 2003

"I find Titleset Blanker quicker than DVD Stripper when just removing a couple of extras. The extras do need to have their own VTS file though."

You have to have the "Full" version to be able to select all the available title sets don't you? I tried the freeware version and it only displayed the main title set.

Comment

• nwg
              Left *****
              • Jun 2003

What full version?

I just downloaded it from here, and there is no mention of a full version.

Comment

• ormonde
                Digital Video Explorer
                • Dec 2003

"What full version?"

Sorry, you're right. I got it confused with the once paid version of DVD Stripper.

Comment

• nwg
                  Left *****
                  • Jun 2003

Sorry, you're right. I got it confused with the once paid version of DVD Stripper.
                  No problem.

I might as well post a link to the new free version of DVD Stripper as well.

Comment

Working...