Which backup software would be best suited??

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • K3yTap
    • Feb 2004

Which backup software would be best suited??

Hello all,

I've been using DVD shrink, latest version, which is great!

DVD shrink is great for say normal structured movies, reduction of menus and main movie etc.

But say I have a movie with - Main movie - Menu - Extras

I want to keep main movie and menu, WITHOUT extras
    In such a situation I guess that when certain sections of the menu are selected, 'extras' then they wont work. But still I want to keep scene selection etc.

I have a TV series on DVD, for which I need the menus to skip episodes etc. Although I want the menus to perform the scene and episode selection, I don't want the extras.

I tried this within Shrink, Movie and menu, no extras, but the menus wouldnt work, infact they played in squence, as if they were part of the actual movie.

So to summerise, I would like
    to keep movie and menus, but with the extraction of extras.

Also I would be interested to know the most ideal application of DVD movie editing, e.g. to reorder chapters. Also creation of menus would be nice, any ideas.

Many thanks for your replies.

K3T
  • nwg
    Left *****
    • Jun 2003

You have used reauthor mode. You cannot use reauthor and keep menus.

Use DVD Stripper or Titleset Blanker to remove unwanted extras before going into Shrink.

You will also need Ifoedit and DVD Decrypter with DVD Stripper.

Comment

• ormonde
      Digital Video Explorer
      • Dec 2003

"I want to keep main movie and menu, WITHOUT extras. In such a situation I guess that when certain sections of the menu are selected, 'extras' then they wont work. But still I want to keep scene selection etc."

If you want to try an alternative (workaround) method involving DVD Shrink (see below). Otherwise, what nwg suggested is also a good method.

TOOLS: DVDDecrypter 3.170
      DVDShrink 3.0b5 or higher
      DVDFab 0.1.71
      Burning App-such as Nero

1. Rip all files in File Mode.
      2. In Shrink, Open FIle and select VTS_xx.IFO of the main movie instead of the usual VIDEO_TS.IFO manager.
      3. Notice EXTRAS are not included.
      4. Shrink as usual if needed...DO NOT RE-AUTHOR!!...click Back-Up.
      5. Go to the folder with your shrunken files and see that VIDEO_TS.IFO is missing. if you mistakenly burn these file now your DVDR will not play on a standalone. IMPT NOTE: if the fileset is not VTS_01.xxx you must manually change it so that it is.
      6. Start Fab and click Create video manager (VIDEO_TS.IFO).
      7. Select the shrunken folder and click Continue...VIDEO_TS.IFO is created in folder in less than 1 second.
      8. Burn contents of folder.

NOTE: when you play the dvdr the movie will start. to access the original menus press the menu button on your remote. anyone with a workaround so the menu starts first using this method please post. also EXTRAS can be added but movie/menu compression(s) might increase.

Comment

• nwg
        Left *****
        • Jun 2003

anyone with a workaround so the menu starts first using this method please post.

You can with ifoedit. I then remove the buttons on the menu with menuedit to make sure I don't select an extra that is not on the disc. This is because the disc will stop.

You need to put a precommnad in the first play pgc of the video_ts.ifo.

It might be slightly different depending on the disc.

One way -

(JumpSS VTSM) Jump to TitleSet(vts): 1, Title(ttn): 1, root-menu

or

(JumpTT) Jump to Title: 1
        (JumpSS VMGM) Jump to VMG title-menu

Comment

• Quality's Proof
          Digital Video Master
          Digital Video Master
          • Jan 2004

K3yTap,

If you don't have Nero and/or don't want to use Nero. There is a freeware solution,

Download DVDDecrypter v. 3.1.9.0 and IMG Tools Classic v. o.91.1. Classic will take the shrunken 'Shrink files and convert them into an ISO image which dvddecrypter will automatically burn...the learning curve is not steep and Classic includes (in download) a very easy to understand guide. Classic is @ the site : Coujo.de.
          Rig :

P - 4 @ 1.7 Ghz, 768 mb (133) Ram, Intel 845 chipset M'board, Seagate 60 Gig., 5400 rpsm hdd, Maxtor 40 Gig. 7200 rpm hdd, Hauppauge 880 pvr card, etc.. O.S. - XP Home Edition.

Comment

Working...