X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LCarter
    • Feb 2004

DVD Burning/DVDShrink using Roxio Easy CD/DVD

Hello

I am new to DVD recording (havnt actually done any yet), looking at the DVDShrink guide, seems complicated, is it easy to do, as I know absolutely nothing when it comes down to burning DVD's.
    I have Nero, but I prefer to use Roxio Easy CD/DVD for my CD burning, if I load Nero as well they both corrupt one another, so have taken Nero off.

Any help would be much appreciated.
  • ormonde
    Digital Video Explorer
    • Dec 2003

"if I load Nero as well they both corrupt one another, so have taken Nero off."

There are known conflicts by having both Nero and Roxio installed simultaneously. I would just stick with Nero–since you already have it. Nero will burn CDs also–I've done many with no problems. Regarding DVD Shrink, did you refer to the guide at the following Link?:

Comment

• LCarter
      • Feb 2004

Ormonde

The reason I like Roxio is that I can do the covers and particulaly the back of the CD's, I find I can't do that with Nero (well I have never found the way to do it).

Yes I have looked on the DVD-Shrink reviews (I must be thick) but it looks mind-boggling to me - maybe it will all click in time

Txs for your input

Comment

• ormonde
        Digital Video Explorer
        • Dec 2003

"The reason I like Roxio is that I can do the covers and particulaly the back of the CD's, I find I can't do that with Nero"

Actually, this can be done quite easily in Nero. The feature is called "Nero Cover Designer". It has templates within the program to choose from. This is integrated in the Nero 6 package, so if you have Nero 6, it is part of it.

Comment

• Quality's Proof
          Digital Video Master
          Digital Video Master
          • Jan 2004

i.carter,

A freeware solution to burning is : for a D - ( shrunken with 'Shrink : use DVDDecrypter v. 3.1.9.0 and the ISO maker IMG Tools Classic v. 0.91.1 , both are freewares. Classic will take the shrunken 'Shrink files and turn them into an ISO which dvddecrypter will automatically burn.

On a D-5, dvddecrypter can rip the entire disc in MODE ISO Read, and then burn that dvd movie in MODE ISO Write without you using dvdshrink.

This method you could keep the cover design software and not
          spend money on more software.

DVDShrink v. 3. 0 Beta 5 is easy to use. Visit dvdshrink.info for easy to understand tutorial by ddlooping.
          Rig :

P - 4 @ 1.7 Ghz, 768 mb (133) Ram, Intel 845 chipset M'board, Seagate 60 Gig., 5400 rpsm hdd, Maxtor 40 Gig. 7200 rpm hdd, Hauppauge 880 pvr card, etc.. O.S. - XP Home Edition.

Comment

Working...