VOB/IFO Problem

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dixie
    • Jan 2004

I am a newbie but have done about 50 copies with decrypter and shrink. They are really easy even for me and I use Nero to burn

Comment

• Quality's Proof
      Digital Video Master
      Digital Video Master
      • Jan 2004

Babblequack,

Download and install DVDDecrypter v. 3.1.9.0.

Put DVD novie in drive, wait a minute (close any DVD player software which automatically opens), open DVDDecrypter, select the drive to rip from (on left side of interface) Then, On 'Decrypter interface Click on MODE tab, Click on File, Click on EDIT tab, click on Select All. then click that green arrow, and you ripping that disc.
      Rig :

P - 4 @ 1.7 Ghz, 768 mb (133) Ram, Intel 845 chipset M'board, Seagate 60 Gig., 5400 rpsm hdd, Maxtor 40 Gig. 7200 rpm hdd, Hauppauge 880 pvr card, etc.. O.S. - XP Home Edition.

Comment

• Paratus
        • Feb 2004

I'm new here and I'm sure this question's been asked before so I apologize for that, but I was wondering if there's any "one-step" programs to go from DVD-9 to DVD-5. I've got my ripping/burning time down to a total of about 45 minutes, but I wondered if there was a program that would let me put the original into my dvd-rom and a blank into my DVD-burner and just walk off. Really this is just more because I'm lazy than anything, I'm not worried about how long it takes to do it.

Comment

• ormonde
          Digital Video Explorer
          • Dec 2003

"but I was wondering if there's any "one-step" programs to go from DVD-9 to DVD-5."

You could try a program called DVD2ONE, or DVDClone.

Comment

• babbelquack
            • Feb 2004

Cheers QP I'll give it a whirl

Comment

• ashy
              • Nov 2003

Originally posted by ormonde
              "but I was wondering if there's any "one-step" programs to go from DVD-9 to DVD-5."

You could try a program called DVD2ONE, or DVDClone.
              Well, this is what DVDshrink does and it's free.

@babbelquack
              I would first try and load the files into DVDshrink, this is usually a good indication if a DVD is OK or not.
              Load the VIDEO_TS.IFO into DVDshrink.
              DVDshrink will then scan the VOBS. If it fails then there is a problem with either the VOBS or the IFO's themselves.

Comment

• Quality's Proof
                Digital Video Master
                Digital Video Master
                • Jan 2004

Paratus,

If you are wanting a "One-Click" freeware solution to your 'Shrink back-ups, visit mrbass.org and try the freeware AutoShrinkISO v. 3.1 ('Shrink v. 3.1 and later needed to work). This G.U.I. uses mikisofs to create an ISO image and the uses DVDDecrypter to burn that movie. Download 'Decrypter v. 3.1.9.0 or 3.1.7.0.

After you have correctly set the paths and they are not too long (put each in "Programs"), it is a "one-click". Be aware, though that some adware/spyware adversely affect Autoshrink's workings and it is best to have a clean O.S. before using.
                Rig :

P - 4 @ 1.7 Ghz, 768 mb (133) Ram, Intel 845 chipset M'board, Seagate 60 Gig., 5400 rpsm hdd, Maxtor 40 Gig. 7200 rpm hdd, Hauppauge 880 pvr card, etc.. O.S. - XP Home Edition.

Comment

• BLasH
                  • Mar 2004

Since you are using WinDVD you will have to put the VIDEO_TS in the root of the Hard Drive which you have stored the files. For example if "C:" is the HD then you will put the folder named "VIDEO_TS" (all in CAPS) in the root like this "C:\VIDEO_TS". In the folder put the files for the DVD rip you did and try the DVD from folder option again. If should play like the DVD at that point. Give that a try and write back to say if it worked or not, or if you need some more help.
                  Last edited by BLasH; 16 Mar 2004, 06:06 AM.

Comment

• ashy
                    • Nov 2003

Since you are using WinDVD you will have to put the VIDEO-TS in the root of the Hard Drive which you have stored the files.
                    For what? What will it solve? WinDVD will play from a VIDEO_TS folder anywhere on the drive anyway, but why did you make the suggestion?
                    Last edited by ashy; 14 Mar 2004, 08:21 PM.

Comment

• BLasH
                      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by ashy
                      For what? What will it solve? WinDVD will play from a VIDEO_TS folder anywhere on the drive anyway, but why did you make the suggestion?
                      Well I had a similar problem that babbelquack had with WinDVD playing my rips using the "Play from HD" option, regardless of which program I was using to make my rips. I had all the files needed for the HD playback option but WinDVD would still give me the same error, "No Valid DVD files in folder". When I tried to method above WinDVD played the rip with no problem. I said this to give an option to the first post that babbelquack made about the problem with WinDVD.

This could also help others who are looking for a fix to that problem. Intervideo didn't really anwser that question on there site and hopefully this will help.
                      Last edited by BLasH; 16 Mar 2004, 06:11 AM.

Comment

Working...