X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chris Jukes
    • Feb 2004

Poor Quaility DVD output

Trying to burn RW DVD using Adobe Premier Pro on Win XP
    Capture clips for sony cam corder, editted etc. all looks good on PC.
    When burnt to DVD I get fuzzy edges when subject moves left/right.

I guess I must have some settings wrong somewhere, no Adobe help unless I pay! What am I doing wrong?

TIA Chris.
  • ashy
    • Nov 2003

These are called interlacing artifacts. These look like a sort of combing effect on moving verticals like the one in this image http://nickyguides.digital-digest.co...riker-lace.jpg

You need to de-interlace the source prior to editing. ADOBE probably has on option somewhere for this.
    If you are playing the DVD on your PC then do not use this as a visual guide.

Interlacing artifacts will almost always appear on your PC when playing back interlaced material. PC monitors are progressive display devices whereas TV's are interlaced display devices.
    It is quite likely that your DVD will play fine on your TV. If not you will have to de-interlace first.

If this is not what you are experincieng, but is more of a motion blur then it may be a field order problem. You will usually only experience this on your TV not the PC.

Interlaced material either starts with Field order A or Field order B.
    If you swap these around you will experince motion artifacts.

This is easy to solve you just need to reverse the field order before encoding or you can reverse the field order on the finished file.

If it's an AVI you can use Virtualdub. Load the file and check the 'Pop up extended options' box. Click the 'Swap fields' option then select direct copy for both audio and video then 'save as AVI'

If it's MPEG then you can use 'Pulldown.EXE' to reverse the field order.
    Last edited by ashy; 15 Feb 2004, 09:59 PM.

Comment

Working...