X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Floss_N
    • Feb 2004

What seems to be the problem?

Hi,

-- I have a friend that uses the same media that I use. When I play his media on both of my players they work fine.

-- When I play the media I created on my pc, the media works on one of my player while the other I get "disc error".

-- I tried about 10 of his media on both of my players and they all worked.

-- We both have DVDShrink 3.1.5, we both burn @ 2X & 4X. The only difference is that he has Nero 5 while I have Nero 6.3.3.
    What seems to be the problem? We have compared settings over the phone and we match. What is he doing right that I'm doing wrong?
  • Quality's Proof
    Digital Video Master
    Digital Video Master
    • Jan 2004

Try burning 'Shrink movie files with IMG Tools Classic v. 0.91.1(from : Coujo.de ) and DVDDecrypter v. 3.1.9.0 and then see if both players will play that disc.
    Rig :

P - 4 @ 1.7 Ghz, 768 mb (133) Ram, Intel 845 chipset M'board, Seagate 60 Gig., 5400 rpsm hdd, Maxtor 40 Gig. 7200 rpm hdd, Hauppauge 880 pvr card, etc.. O.S. - XP Home Edition.

Comment

• tigerman8u
      Lord of Digital Video
      Lord of Digital Video
      • Aug 2003

Even though you have the same brand of media they may not be from the same manufacturer. Try one of his blanks. d/l dvdinfopro and check if they are from the same manufacturer. Do you both have the same make of dvd burner? IMO nero 6 isn't as good as nero 5.

Comment

• Floss_N
        • Feb 2004

I would assume they are from the same manufacturer. We bought the medias at the same time... I have a HP DVD Writer 300c. He has a DMPREX. I going to try IMG Tools Classic and see what I get. I appreciate the help...

Comment

• Quality's Proof
          Digital Video Master
          Digital Video Master
          • Jan 2004

Do post the results to help others. If you still have a problem, we will try to help.

The Classic v. 0.91.1 has an easy to understand guide. You can read through it and be burning dvd's in the quickness!
          Last edited by Quality's Proof; 19 Feb 2004, 10:22 AM.
          Rig :

P - 4 @ 1.7 Ghz, 768 mb (133) Ram, Intel 845 chipset M'board, Seagate 60 Gig., 5400 rpsm hdd, Maxtor 40 Gig. 7200 rpm hdd, Hauppauge 880 pvr card, etc.. O.S. - XP Home Edition.

Comment

Working...