Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cg1200
    • Feb 2004

Troubles with Nero?

I am using Nero 6.3.0.3 to burn DVDs. My results are very inconsistent. About 50 % of the time Nero doesn't make it out of the lead in part. It gives a write error and ejects the disc before 1% is written. Other times it works fine. I've tried burning .nrg files, ISO's (using DVD Decrypter which also fails sometimes) and copying the vob files to the video folder. I use DVDShrink 3.1.4 to compress movies when needed. If I copy the files to my hard drive they play fine in PowerDVD.

I'm using a Sony DRU 510a drive in a P4 1.7GHz with 512mb RAM. I am currently using Memorex 4x discs which seem awful. Verbatim discs seemed to work a lot better but I ran out of them. I also realized that I have Veritas' CD burning program installed along with Sonic MyDVD. I removed Veritas but it didn't help.

Am I looking at a media problem or maybe a driver conflict with 3 different burning programs on my system? I was thinking of rebuiling my machine with just Nero but that's a last resort. Interestingly making copies using DVD XCopy Express works fine every time.
Working...