Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • coyle
    • Mar 2003

True Or False!!!!

I have been told by several people that there is a program out there that can burn DVDs to be REGION FREE. Meaning it can be played in all stand alone DVD players.Is this true or false? if its true can you please tell me where i can get it.

Cheers!

• Quality's Proof
    Digital Video Master
    Digital Video Master
    • Jan 2004

In the real-world definition, NO.
    Rig :

P - 4 @ 1.7 Ghz, 768 mb (133) Ram, Intel 845 chipset M'board, Seagate 60 Gig., 5400 rpsm hdd, Maxtor 40 Gig. 7200 rpm hdd, Hauppauge 880 pvr card, etc.. O.S. - XP Home Edition.

Comment

• setarip
      Retired
      • Dec 2001

1) Yes, DVD Shrink, DVD Decrypter, NERO and others can create Region-free DVDs

2) The fact that a DVD is Region-free does NOT assure that it will play in all standalone DVD players

Comment

• Quality's Proof
        Digital Video Master
        Digital Video Master
        • Jan 2004

There is no (1.YES , (2. ? : answer to poster's question.

Threadstarter's question does say, " Is this true,...?".

The answer is NO.

Several softwares is not a "program", etc., etc., etc., .

Would you like the name of the freeware rip-off software that does do "Region-All, PAl to NTSC" dvd rips, burnss? That is where this thread is going.
        Rig :

P - 4 @ 1.7 Ghz, 768 mb (133) Ram, Intel 845 chipset M'board, Seagate 60 Gig., 5400 rpsm hdd, Maxtor 40 Gig. 7200 rpm hdd, Hauppauge 880 pvr card, etc.. O.S. - XP Home Edition.

Comment

• setarip
          Retired
          • Dec 2001

To Quality's Proof

I'd suggest you re-read my post carefully (and, perhaps, study the capabilities of each of the individual programs I've mentioned...

(I see NOTHING in the original poster's questions that refers to PAL and/or NTSC)
          Last edited by setarip; 23 Feb 2004, 06:59 PM.

Comment

• Quality's Proof
            Digital Video Master
            Digital Video Master
            • Jan 2004

Re: True Or False!!!!

[QUOTE]Originally posted by coyle
            [B]

" Meaning it can be played in all stand alone DVD players.Is this true or false? "

I understand that "all dvd players" as every dvd player/television set-up. It doesn't matter ifa disc is Region ALl : if the telly doesn't display the video correctly, so why confuse the newbies?

There is also players which do not play - R's and + R's and so on. Hey, there are even players whom won't play some D - 5 store-bought dvd movies. So, the sneaks, of tricking the players, doesn't work, either.

The answer is NO.
            Rig :

Comment

• setarip
              Retired
              • Dec 2001

This appears to be heading toward a pointless dispute of semantics - which will in no way benefit the original poster. Therefore, I've nothing further to post to this thread...

Comment

• Quality's Proof
                Digital Video Master
                Digital Video Master
                • Jan 2004

Not "semantics". Question was "true or false", and not if, except, maybe, but, unless, etc..

You tried to correct an honest answer, is what-for.
                Rig :

Comment

Working...