Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Glycon
    • Feb 2004

Play fine on PC, but not on stand alone DVD player

I used the latest version of DVD decryptor, IfoEdit and Nero. I backed up a DVD+R and tested it out on PC, working perfectly. I tried playing it on my Panasonic DVD Player and I received a "No Disk" message. I don't have good experience using DVD burning so I'd like help to solve this problem. Maybe another free software to burn DVD to DVD directly.
    Thanks!
    Last edited by Glycon; 23 Feb 2004, 01:40 PM.
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

Do you know for a fact that your standalone DVD player is capable of playing DVD+R format?

To determine the capabilities/limitations of your specific brand and model of standalone DVD player, go to:

Comment

• MegaPix
      • Feb 2004

Had exactly the same problem on my Panasonic but with DVD-R disks. My solution was to use better quality media and reduce the burn speed to 2x.

Try that!

Comment

• Glycon
        • Feb 2004

I'd solved the problem reducing the speed for 2x and using IfoEdit v0.94 and Img 1.1.1 to burn the TDK midia.
        Thanks!
        Last edited by Glycon; 26 Feb 2004, 03:26 AM.

Comment

• Quality's Proof
          Digital Video Master
          Digital Video Master
          • Jan 2004

Glycon,

Glad you are doing good burns. You might want want also to do some burns with IMG Tools CLASSIC v. 0.91.1 (CLASSIC uses DVDDecrypter v. 3.1.9.0 to burn with), these burns are most usually, highly player compatible.

Also, : mrbass.org has available a G.U.I. : AutoShrinkISO v. 3.1 (uses DVDShrink v.'s 3.1 and later and DVDDecrypter v. 3.1.9.0), this is a "one-click" solution that is very dependable. Read the guide to AutoShrink there and you may need the registry "fix" (at site).

P.S., since you are using IFO Edit, you may be interested that DVDStripper is now freeware and you might need to use IFO Edit v. 0.95 (instead of v. 0.94) with DVDStripper. You can use DVDstripper to strip unwanted stuff from a "Full Disc" back-up (makes video compression quality better).
          Rig :

P - 4 @ 1.7 Ghz, 768 mb (133) Ram, Intel 845 chipset M'board, Seagate 60 Gig., 5400 rpsm hdd, Maxtor 40 Gig. 7200 rpm hdd, Hauppauge 880 pvr card, etc.. O.S. - XP Home Edition.

Comment

Working...