Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • korygrandy
    • Jan 2004

Titanic won't load into DVDShrink WHY?

Okay, I ripped the movie Titanic, just the reg widescreen 1-disc version with DVD Decryptor, it worked fine. Then when I go to shrink it using DVDShrink, and when I do Open Files and try to load the files, it stops saying it needs the file VB01_09.vob or whatever, when in fact dvd decryptor only ripped VB01_08, and I verified the full movie is there with WinDVD. So how do I get DVD Shrink to load the files without halting on that error, I need to be able to shrink it so I can fit it on a 4.7gb disc. Is there an alternative freeware proggy, or software that will LOAD Titanic and then shrink it?
  • ormonde
    Digital Video Explorer
    • Dec 2003

When you used DVD Decrypter to "Rip" the movie to your HD, did you use "File" mode? ("Mode" > "File") then go back to "Edit" > "Select All" NOT "Select Main Movie Files" This will ensure that you will get all the files contained on the disk to your HD. Then go back to DVD Shrink and "Open Files" and load the main VIDEO_TS file.

Comment

• Quality's Proof
      Digital Video Master
      Digital Video Master
      • Jan 2004

kory,

If you did rip in All Files, the first time, did dvddecrypter show the missing file the next time you ripped or did you use another ripper to rip with?

Some have found 'decrypter missing some files when ripping All Files and having to re-rip with another ripper.
      Rig :

P - 4 @ 1.7 Ghz, 768 mb (133) Ram, Intel 845 chipset M'board, Seagate 60 Gig., 5400 rpsm hdd, Maxtor 40 Gig. 7200 rpm hdd, Hauppauge 880 pvr card, etc.. O.S. - XP Home Edition.

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

"Some have found 'decrypter missing some files when ripping All Files and having to re-rip with another ripper."

Rubbish!

Comment

• Quality's Proof
          Digital Video Master
          Digital Video Master
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by setarip
          "Some have found 'decrypter missing some files when ripping All Files and having to re-rip with another ripper."

Rubbish!
          The "changel logs" at the dvddecrypter site admit this problem to exist, several posters have in fact posted this problem's existence to be so, also.

The "rubbish" is the falseness contained within your latest post in this thread, oh , "digger up of bones.".

I recently ripped Titanic (sinle disc, widescreen, region 1), with DVDShrink v. 3.1.7 Beta 1, without a problem, both as a single disc back-up and later as a 2 disc back-up (quality of the 3 and 1/4 hour movie on a 1 disc back-up was not good enough).

I and some other posters have discerned that dvddecrypter does miss some things in its rips, which is necessary for a file opening by dvdshrink). SmartRipper v. 2.41 , usually does not miss.
          Rig :

P - 4 @ 1.7 Ghz, 768 mb (133) Ram, Intel 845 chipset M'board, Seagate 60 Gig., 5400 rpsm hdd, Maxtor 40 Gig. 7200 rpm hdd, Hauppauge 880 pvr card, etc.. O.S. - XP Home Edition.

Comment

Working...