Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • astoria4429
    • Feb 2004

Copy region 2

is it passible to cpy DVDs from different region than USA??
    I have some DVDs that are from europe and I've tried to copy them. I'm able to do it but my DVD player doesn't want to play them. I used ALL REGIONS option during rcording and still doesn't work.
    Thank You for you help.
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

Chances are your problem lies with trying to play a PAL format DVD (usually from the U.K. in Region 2) on an NTSC (U.S. and others) format-only DVD player...

Comment

• astoria4429
      • Feb 2004

Probably You right. But is it passible to copy DVD that is in PAL system to DVD thah will be in NTSC system so I could play it in my NTSC DVD player???

Comment

• megamachine
        Video Fiddler
        • Mar 2003

There's not an easy way to do this, and we really need a good freeware tool that can help with this issue, but you can re-encode the video with TMPGEnc from PAL to NTSC. First, you have to rip the DVD with DVD Decrypter, then load it into TMPGEnc and select the NTSC DVD template and re-encode it, then re-author it using TMPGEnc DVD Author, and burn to a new disk. That's worked for me. I'm not sure about stand alone DVD players and TVs in the US, but you might want to see if you can find a multi-system setup. They are likely to be expensive there, I have a feeling. Another option is to just watch these DVDs on your PC.

Comment

Working...