Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dixie
    • Jan 2004

vcd to dvd

A friend wants me to put a vcd onto a dvd for him do do the usual decrypter then shrink?
  • EMW
    Gold Member
    Gold Member
    • Feb 2004

how large is the vcd?? YOu don't use shrink unless you need to make it less than 4.7GB
    Athlon 1800, 768 MB SD RAM, 40GB, XP, Lite-On 451S

Comment

• dixie
      • Jan 2004

I don't know how large it is have not seen it yet. Just wanted to know how to do it. Am rather a dummy at this sort of thing. I do copy my own dvd'd using decrypter and shrink then burn them with nero. I know nothing of vcd'd. Also is it possible to copy PS2 games?

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

One set of procedures (other posters may/probably will suggest alternative methods) would be:

1) Use "TMPGEnc" to convert the ".DAT" file included on the VCD (it's in a folder) to compliant MPEG2-for-DVD format - Use "TMPGEnc's" DVD wizard/template to accomplish this (This step may not be necessary, if your MPEG-2 filies are already in DVD compliant format)

2) Use "TMPGEnc DVD Author" (a different program than "TMPGEnc") to easily create the required additional DVD files and structure (and chapters and a menu, if you wish)

**If the combined filesize of the DVD "package" written to your hard drive is greater than 4.37Gb, use DVD Shrink (or similar) to compress

If your O/S is either Win2000 or WinXP, TMPGEnc DVD Author can also burn your DVD. Otherwise, use NERO to burn in "DVD-Video" mode
        (As an alternative to "TMPGEnc DVD Author", you could use "DVDLab")

Let us know of your success ;>}

Comment

Working...