Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • smash579
    • Mar 2004

Burning .mov onto DVD in WinXP

I have a quicktime movie which is a single file, but navigates via chapters like a DVD movie.

I would like to burn it into a DVD+R but having a problem locating a software that would do that.

Can anyone help?
  • smash579
    • Mar 2004

*bump*

almost makes wish i had a mac heh

Comment

• setarip
      Retired
      • Dec 2001

One set of procedures (other posters may/probably will suggest alternative methods) would be:

1) Use "TMPGEnc", with the "QTReader" plugin installed, to convert the .MOV to compliant MPEG2-for-DVD format - Use "TMPGEnc's" DVD wizard/template to accomplish this

2) Use "TMPGEnc DVD Author" (a different program than "TMPGEnc") to easily create the required additional DVD files and structure (and chapters and a menu, if you wish)

**If the combined filesize of the DVD "package" written to your hard drive is greater than 4.37Gb, use DVD Shrink (or similar) to compress

If your O/S is either Win2000 or WinXP, TMPGEnc DVD Author can also burn your DVD. Otherwise, use NERO to burn in "DVD-Video" mode
      (As an alternative to "TMPGEnc DVD Author", you could use "DVDLab")

Let us know of your success ;>}

Comment

• tomalan
        • Mar 2004

QTReader /

Hi I was wondering where you go the plugin for "TMPGEnc", I have DVD Author v1.5.20.62 and the DVD Source Creator 2.0
        I went to their website and didn't see any plugin's
        Thanks

Comment

• setarip
          Retired
          • Dec 2001

"Hi I was wondering where you go the plugin for "TMPGEnc", I have DVD Author v1.5.20.62 and the DVD Source Creator 2.0
          I went to their website and didn't see any plugin's
          Thanks"

"TMPGEnc" (And "TMPGEncPlus") is a different program than the two you've mentioned.

Click on the link to "DivXDigest" toward the top of this page to locate links for both "TMPGEnc" and the "QTReader" plugin for "TMPGEnc"...

Comment

• QPhone
            • Apr 2004

"Click on the link to "DivXDigest" toward the top of this page to locate links for both "TMPGEnc" and the "QTReader" plugin for "TMPGEnc"...

Hey Setarip,

I went to the main website http://www.pegasys-inc.com/en/index.html I can't seem to find the links for the QTRead plugin.

I have TMPGEnc Plus 2.5 Version 2.521.58.169 If that makes any difference?

Would it be possible for you to paste the link in which you are referring to?

Thanks a million

Comment

• QPhone
              • Apr 2004

I also went to TMPGEnc's Official Website at http://www.tmpgenc.net/e_main.html I could also not find the link to DivXDigest to locate the links to QTReader plugin!

Again if you could, please paste the link to the website where I can find QTReader plugin.

Thanks

Comment

• tomalan
                • Mar 2004

Plugins

Here is where the plugin's for TMPGEncS. It's on the bottom of the page!

Comment

• QPhone
                  • Apr 2004

Thanks Tomalan,

I've installed it, but unfortunately as much as TMPGEnc can now view .mov's converting them to .mpgs is a different story. The converted version .mov to .mpg is crackly and pixelated. The best converter which uses tons of compression techniques and... absolutely free is "Bink" converted from:

RAD Game Tools' web page. RAD makes Bink Video, the Telemetry Performance Visualization System, and Oodle Data Compression - all popular video game middleware.

Uses sorensen, indeo, cinepak etc... and many more compressors.

Thanks again for your link

Comment

Working...