Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BigMike
    • Mar 2004

I have a few Questions could anyone help

Well yes I'm new to backing up my dvd's I down loaded the dvd shrink program ....now when i copy my dvd am I getting the same quality.The blank dvd i use are Imation DVD+R 2 hour video 4.7GB..If by doing the shrink and I'm looseing quality is there a better way of doing it ?I know it said on your website that you loose quality to get dvd to fit on one blank dvd..But are these blank dvd I'm useing big enough for just the movie?I burnd 2 movies useing dvd shrink it seemd to look fine but teh sound kindof sounded tingy..I also burnd two movie that are not the best for sound one being Pulp Fiction and the other was Boon Dock Saints...

I guess what i;m trying to say is can this program burn dvd in teh same quality as i bought it or do I have to do something differnt ...

Pluss i was looking for any sugestions or any tricks you all might know on burning dvd or any websites that might have some differnt miteral to read to help me

Last Question is say I whant to put the extras and stuff one a DVD do I just dl a program that will cut a dvd in half and put them on 2 blank DVD

Thank you all for the help

Mike
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

"but teh sound kindof sounded tingy.."

DVD Shrink does ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to alter the audiostreams...

Comment

• BigMike
      • Mar 2004

Ok Thank you...Waht about the video end of it does it alster that ?
      and if so can i change some stuff that will make it be the same as a normal DVD ? I = newb (as you can tell) I'm trying to read up on it but would be greatfull for any hints or info I could get

Thanks
      Mike

Comment

• kuneo
        • Jan 2004

Any time you have a DVD with a huge amount of info (most movies nowadays) the studio's use "Dual Layer" blanks to record-allowing 9.4 gig's of info-rather than 4.7 that our burner's can handle.

So..........dvdshrink compress's dual layer disc's to fit on 4.7 home burnable disc's.
        Any time you compress-you lose quality,....BUT if you can't tell the difference-then it's no big deal!

I am quite satisfied with the job shrink does-regardless of compression.

If you do not want to use shrink-there are program's that will transfer to two disc's without compression-your choice (until dual layer burner's are available).

Good Luck

K

Comment

• BigMike
          • Mar 2004

Thank you for the info...I agree DVD Shrink did do a great job no complaints at all on the tw i burnd ...Does dvdxcopy do the same thing I mean reduse the quality ?

Comment

• kuneo
            • Jan 2004

I've had nothing but problems with my copy of DVDX copy Platinum...so I don't use the sucker.
            I believe the Platinum version uses compression too,but the other problems it creates make it a waste of time for me.

Shrink works so well for me there's no need.

Another great feature of Shrink-is that if you want to keep the compression to a minimum (or 0% in many cases) you can ReAuthor the disc,and cut out menu's and extra feature's,and multiple soundtrack's-many times reducing the compression ratio.

Realize that cutting out the extra feature's may not be liked,but if compression is the issue there are work around's.

K

We're all new to this basically

Comment

Working...