X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • netdirector
    • Feb 2002

Nero Recode

Hi All,

I'm a bit confused about Nero Recode 2. I have a PAL DVD I'd like to convert to NTSC, and some of the propanganda material around Recode stated it could do just that. Trying it out though, I can not find the option. It clearly states the video is in PAL, but I can't seem to find where the output can be defined as NTSC.

Anyone manage to accomplish this? I'd hate to have to go the TMPGEnc route. This seemed so convenient!

Thanks!

- netdirector
  • nwg
    Left *****
    • Jun 2003

I'm afraid, it cannot do that.

Comment

• netdirector
      • Feb 2002

Funny, it's explicitly stated on their website:

Nero Platinum - 7 programmes en une suite ! ✓ Montage vidéo ✓ Streaming ✓ Sécurité des données ✓ Conversion ✓ Gravure ✓ Radio mondiale ► Plus d'informations

Am I missing something?

Comment

• nwg
        Left *****
        • Jun 2003

Nero Vision Express is not Recode.

Nero Vision is a DVD authoring package. Recode is DVD copying software (very similar to DVD Shrink). Recode won't read commercial DVD's unless you have software like AnyDVD or DVD region Free to take off the CSS Encryption.

Nero Vision can convert mpegs, avi etc to either to NTSC or PAL DVDformats . It is very slow and can takes hours for the convertion.

Both Nero Vision and Recode are in the same download so will get installed along with Showtime. This is very close to Powerdvd and is a DVD software player.

Comment

• netdirector
          • Feb 2002

That make sense. Very little documentation though, so thanks for the clarification. Do you know if it converts the menus as well, or do I need to make new ones? If it looks like too much work, I think I may just buy a PAL/MTSC DVD Player and be done with it...

Comment

• nwg
            Left *****
            • Jun 2003

Recode can do the whole DVD (with menus) or just parts of the DVD without the menu.

Nero Vision has it's own menu's.

Comment

Working...