Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Judy Stanley
    • Jun 2003

Can't Encode 800MG File With Nero

I would apprecaite any help someone could give. I have two cd1mpeg files both are about 800mg. I thought because it was in mpeg I could just burn it but guess not. Tried Avi Chop to splitfile it only splits avi of course. Tried one verson of video splitter says my 7 day trial peroid has ended. Is there another website where I can get video splitter where there is no trial period. Is there any other way to change mpeg format into something I can burn on cdr to make a vcd. Normally nero works but not this time.
    Thanks J :
  • kuneo
    • Jan 2004

Try TMPEGnc to author the file to a format than can be burned.

They have a trial version.

I use it for converting VHS/mpeg tapes to DVD.

Good Luck

K

Comment

• kuneo
      • Jan 2004

Oops thats TMPGEnc--sorry

Comment

• Judy Stanley
        • Jun 2003

Thank you will try TMPGEnc and see if file can be coverted to something that can be burned later by Nero.

Thanks

Comment

• kuneo
          • Jan 2004

My pleasure-hope it works-keep us posted

K

Comment

• Judy Stanley
            • Jun 2003

Finally got cd1mpg files to burn using Nero without the wizard.Only strange thing that when I played it back on comp it was full screen size but when I played it back in home dvd player it was about 3/4 size. Could someone tell me why it was reduced in size when I played it back on hime dvd player. Is there anything I can do in Nero to reburn it in full size mode.

Thanks J

Comment

• setarip
              Retired
              • Dec 2001

VCDs and SVCDs playback on standalone DVD players ONLY in the format they were saved - meaning that if you saved in 16:9 format, it will display on your television with black bars on the top and the bottom...

Comment

• Judy Stanley
                • Jun 2003

how do you change the burning sequence with nero so that it will paly full screen not 2/3 screen. I noticed that when you don't use the wizard that there is no option for svcd only vcd. Could you suggest another burning program that's easy like Nero. I wasn't the one who saved it I received the file that way and don't know how to change it to anything else.It obviously is in some kind of mpeg mode. Appreciate any help you could offer. Thanks J

Comment

• setarip
                  Retired
                  • Dec 2001

"I noticed that when you don't use the wizard that there is no option for svcd only vcd"

That's incorrect - scroll further down the list of icons...

Comment

Working...