Nero Problem: DVD-Video files reallocation failed.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Santonian
    • Mar 2004

Nero Problem: DVD-Video files reallocation failed.

Hello,

I just finshed a download of a dvd (the video_TS folder) And I tried burning it but nero gives me the above stated error message. I read in the forum that it might be save to just go on and burn it. I did that but the dvd stops playing after a few seconds. So there must be somthing wrong, but I dont know what.

I can watch the DVD-Files when I open it from my Harddisk. (Open the ifo file with powerDVD). So the files are ok.

My knowledge about DVD burning and stuff is very limited, usualy it worked right away. I burned several other dvd's with nero and with the same media type, they all played well on my DVD.

Any Idea what I can do now?

apreciate any help
    Thanx
    S.
  • EMW
    Gold Member
    Gold Member
    • Feb 2004

nero problems

Do you have the latest update from Nero?

Another freeware that burns well is DVD Decrypter 3.2.0.0. What you do is rip and shrink the files with DVD Shrink 3.1.7 beta 5, and then set your target device to ISO, and select "automatically burn with Decrypter"

Make sure you have your Decrypter set to "mode-iso-write"

Nero can have some problems. I have read too that it should be safe to go ahead and burn, but sometimes that's okay, other times you get bad burns.

I have had problems with older versions on Nero, and while the version I have now works fine (6.3.0.3) I still rely on Shrink+Decrypt.

Let us know how you make out.
    Last edited by EMW; 14 Mar 2004, 02:43 PM.
    Athlon 1800, 768 MB SD RAM, 40GB, XP, Lite-On 451S

Comment

• Santonian
      • Mar 2004

I have 6.3.0.3 now, but still the samer error message.

I tried to generate a new ifo file, but I then I get just the movie not the menu onto the dvd. As I said before, I know nothing about this.

I did not try the dvd decrypter yet.

Anyone else have a sugestion?

Comment

• EMW
        Gold Member
        Gold Member
        • Feb 2004

I really recommend the decrypt solution, and I am sure you would find it very easy, and less frustrating....
        Athlon 1800, 768 MB SD RAM, 40GB, XP, Lite-On 451S

Comment

• Santonian
          • Mar 2004

Ok I got myself the decrypter and the shrinker. I tried to open the video_TS folder with the shrinker to assembler an image for the decrypter but:

"Invalid Data in file ".../VIDEO_TS/VTS_01_1.VOB"

Damn! and now? I dont get it, whats wrong. I still can play everything with my software dvd player.

Is there a tool for checking and correcting vob files or something?

thx
          S.

Comment

Working...