Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wise1indeed
    • Mar 2004

Wont play on DVD rom

When making backups of my DVDs they will play on everything except my DVD ROM drive, have to watch them via DVD burner. NE1 with some info could you please email me, cheers
  • sfheath
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Sep 2003

have you run a lens cleaner in your DVDROM?
    They play on a standalone?
    This isn't a learning curve ... this is b****y mountaineering!

Comment

• nwg
      Left *****
      • Jun 2003

Are you using DVD + discs. From my own experience, not many DVD ROM drives can read + discs. This is especially true on models that are 18 months old or so. All of the models I have seen work wth DVD - discs. I have seen brand new models that can read +RW but not +R (or vice versa).

As a result, I have always thought DVD - is best for computers when you have to make the discs work in more than one computer.

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

Further to what "nwg" stated, MOST older DVD-ROMs (and some newer ones as well) are limited, regarding burned DVDs, to reading only EITHER DVD-R or DVD+R...

Comment

• nwg
          Left *****
          • Jun 2003

I have a DVD ROM that only reads DVD Video DVD's. It doesn't do - or +.

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

To nwg

"I have a DVD ROM that only reads DVD Video DVD's. It doesn't do - or +."

Sorry to hear that. Then again, maybe it will someday be a "collectible", worth tons of money ;>}

Comment

• wise1indeed
              • Mar 2004

I use DVD-R, they play on stand alones and yes i've used a cleaner. Now i've had backup disks off a friend that play on my DVD ROM but when I copy them I get the same problem as stated above, It's not really a problem as if i need to watch them I just pop them in the burner or my stand alone, it was just buggin me as to why they won't play, thanks

Comment

• setarip
                Retired
                • Dec 2001

My (Our) pleasure ;>}

Comment

Working...