Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WHBROWN
    • Mar 2004

Can't record

I'm extremely new to this so pardon my stupidity. I just installed a new NEC ND-2500A DVD recorder in my 2.4P4 (Windows XP) system and for some reason I can't handle DVD's. It reads and records CD's just fine but reading or recording (backup) DVD runs me into a stone wall. Using DVD-X Copy express, seem to read and record ok. I even get a message that the copy was successful. Problem is it won't play in anything. I tried to use DVD Shrink and get a message "Copy Protection Error - the request could not be performed because of an i/o error. Can anyone help?
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

"I tried to use DVD Shrink and get a message "Copy Protection Error - the request could not be performed because of an i/o error."

1) PLAY the original DVD for a moment, then PAUSE it. Then try using DVD Shrink.
    If this doesn't resolve your situation, then

2) Use DVD Decrypter to "rip" the DVD to your hard drive in "File" mode - and from the "Edit" dropdown menu, select "All files" (NOT "movie files").

Then use DVD Shrink to "Open files" (NOT "Open Disk") - and select "VIDEO_TS.IFO"

Comment

• WHBROWN
      • Mar 2004

Thanks for the reply SETARIP. Could you tell me what program you are using to view the original DVD?

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

"Thanks for the reply SETARIP."

My pleasure ;>}

Did my suggestion resolve your problem?

Comment

• WHBROWN
          • Mar 2004

That monster is at home so I'll try it tonight. I also have another issue which I should have told you about. When I try to play the original on Windows Media Player, I get a message "cannot play because a compatible decoder is not installed". I don't know if this problem is related to the other.

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

Use a software DVD player such as WinDVD or PowerDVD for PC playback of DVDs...

Comment

Working...