Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tomtank
    • Mar 2004

Where to go after ripping

Sorry if this a simple problem but i cant figure out what to do next.
    After ripping one of my dvds with clad dvd i am left with:
    1.VTS.01.IFO and 1-6 VOB files, how do i go about loading these into dvdshrink, i try to load them and it says unable to find necessary files????

ThankYou for any help....

TomTank
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

First, have you tried using ONLY DVD Shrink to both rip and convert your DVD? If you have, and for some reason this doesn't work, then:

1) Clad is outdated software. Use DVD Decrypter instead

2) Use DVD Decrypter to "rip" the DVD to your hard drive in "File" mode - and from the "Edit" dropdown menu, select "All files" (NOT "movie files").

Then use DVD Shrink to "Open files" (NOT "Open Disk") - and select "VIDEO_TS.IFO"

Comment

• Exar Kun
      • Mar 2004

Here are some suggestions:

1) Use shrink only for ripping DVDs into your .IFO, .VBO, and .BUP. That's all its good for.

2) Then download Auto GK to convert the files into DivX or Xvid form. You can specify all sort of options in this program like splitting the movie into parts etc. This will make the files more Universally friendly to programs like Windows Media Player, etc.

3) Then download a codec program like FFDSHOW which will enable audio playback in programs like Windows Media Player.

4) All done now. Play in Windows Media Player. Sit back and Relax.

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

To Exar Kun

The poster is asking ONLY about using DVD Shrink - not about converting the DVD to a different format...

Comment

• ronco
          • Feb 2004

Here are some suggestions:

1) Use shrink only for ripping DVDs into your .IFO, .VBO, and .BUP. That's all its good for.

2) Then download Auto GK to convert the files into DivX or Xvid form. You can specify all sort of options in this program like splitting the movie into parts etc. This will make the files more Universally friendly to programs like Windows Media Player, etc.

3) Then download a codec program like FFDSHOW which will enable audio playback in programs like Windows Media Player.

4) All done now. Play in Windows Media Player. Sit back and Relax.

shrink is only good for ripping ..??...what about the rest it does..??..i just finished my 145th movie backup using only shrink with NO,,not ONE coaster and ALL are perfect,,,,wouldnt use anything BUT shrink...
          tried others and other ways and NO time savings or better quality...
          BTW..setarip....have read a lot of your posts and "your the man " ..!!
          one other point..RTFM..!!.....shrink guides....

Comment

• admin
            Administrator
            • Nov 2001

ronco: what's with the copy and past post?

And setarip is right, this forum is called the "DVD Burning and Backup" forum - it is intended for DVD backups using DVD recorders/burners, not for converting to DivX or any other format.
            Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog

Comment

• Billy_Black
              • Mar 2004

For using Shrink read up here:

UPSers account of United Parcel Service is a Delivery Services & Package Handler used by an Ups Employee having User Id and Password in United States. UPSers portal in Supply […]

Comment

Working...