Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • allsop
    • Mar 2004

DVD Burner only burning at 1x...please help

I have a sony dru-530a and when burnt my last two dvd+r discs using dvd decrtypter it showed that it was burning at 1x speed and took 55 minutes to burn. before it was burning alot faster and only took around 20 minutes to burn.

please can anyone help me out on this?

TIA
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

1) Aren't you able to SELECT the desired burn speed?

2) Are you now using different media than previously?

Comment

• brecknock0
      • Mar 2004

pioneer 105 only burning at 1x

I'm having the same problem, I've just upgraded from win 98 to win xp and it's suddenly burning at about 1x instead of 4x , even if I select 4x . It used to take about 15min per dvd now about an hour ! let me know anyone how to fix it , my initial thoughts were with the driver but I can't seem to find a win xp driver (dvr-105) anywhere, ED

Comment

• s2kman
        • Nov 2003

I had the same problem...what you need to do is go into the device manager and re-enable DMA on the IDE Channel....

Try this first!
        PC:
        1.4 GHZ Athlon, 256 MB Ram, Win XP, Plextor PX-708A, Ritech 4X Media.

Comment

• JerryAllen
          • Apr 2004

Upgrade your drive with the current firmware. You can get it on the Sony site. That will make your drive not only run better, but will allow you to use both DVD+R and DVD-R disks. To install the upgrade you will need to disable DMA, so make sure you re-enable DMA after the upgrade. Once that is done, make sure you use a high quality media ... Sony recommended Verbatim to me ... and I have been very happy with that suggestion ... no coasters and the drive runs at full speed for the media ... 4x. Good luck ... Cheers ...

Jerry

Comment

Working...