Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • reset_7
    • Feb 2004

Need a new standalone DVD player

Ok, in a nutshell, I need a new standalone DVD player. Anyone have any suggestions for one. The reason is that mine plays my backups perfectly except towards the end where they skip. It is not the DVDs, it is the length of time it is playing (because I can start a from midway and it will play perfectly till the end). Thanks in advance for any concrete suggestions on a solid DVD player for my home system.
  • Junkie_ball
    • Jan 2004

Re: Need a new standalone DVD player

Originally posted by reset_7
    It is not the DVDs, it is the length of time it is playing (because I can start a from midway and it will play perfectly till the end). Thanks in advance for any concrete suggestions on a solid DVD player for my home system.
    Just thought of something i had the exact same problem. You don't use labels by any chance?? When i did the glue heated up and made the DVD jump (both piture and audio). I removed all my labels and now they play fine. Could save a bit of money if this is the trouble.
    SYSTEM:

Pentioum Duo 6400, 8 GB Ram, 500Gb Hardrive, 32x DVD Rom, 16 x TCorp Duel Layer Burner, Geforce 7900GTX.

Bow to the gods of Digital-Digest

http://www.wix.com/martinhopkins/designandphotography

Comment

• sfheath
      Lord of Digital Video
      Lord of Digital Video
      • Sep 2003

If not a label issue I think this is a media issue. I've not heard of a player being at fault for not playing the end - only dodgy media.

If you are after a new player anyway though, you could do worse than check up www.dvdrhelp.com/dvdplayers
      This isn't a learning curve ... this is b****y mountaineering!

Comment

• reset_7
        • Feb 2004

I do use sticky labels in fact, so that is interesting what you mentioned. Regarding the media, like I said, I don't see how it could be that since I can play any part of the movie I want fine. It's just once the player has been on for a certain amount of time, regardless of what part of the dvd I'm watching, it will skip. Thanks.

Comment

Working...