Step by Step dvd dubbing needed

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • navybarker
    • Mar 2004

hey just wanted to say thanks for all the help.Now that i have been able to burn it will only play on one of my stand alone players and i have 5 . And i have used both +and - and need to know which format is more compatable with stand alone players. As i only get it to play on the one and it is an older modle.

Comment

• setarip
      Retired
      • Dec 2001

To determine the capabilities/limitations of your specific brand and model of standalone DVD player, as well as media compatibility, go to:

Comment

• navybarker
        • Mar 2004

So does it matter how you burn the movie.Or onto what Media + or - ? Most of my DVD players are name brand 2 JVC 1 panasonic 1 SONY and a cheap COBY, It plays on the older model jvc only. I tried switchin between the + and - and no luck .I did get The Redux version of Apol.. Now to play in the sony with no problem and i did that dvdcopy2 program. And i got all the extra on it . And i used the - on this .But did not work on Shrek 2/ Chris Rock aint never Scared.

Comment

• navybarker
          • Mar 2004

Thank You setarip for your help.I could not find all my models

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

"Thank You setarip for your help."

My pleasure ;>}

Comment

• navybarker
              • Mar 2004

Ok i have another problem.I have tried to play movies in another computer with dvd rom and it would not play. I have gone over this step by step.Can you tell me what format the movie studios use + or - .Not sure why none of the 6 movies i dubed do not play but on one dvd player stand alone ,And only on my desk top computer . Need help bad .

Comment

• nwg
                Left *****
                • Jun 2003

Originally posted by navybarker
                Ok i have another problem.I have tried to play movies in another computer with dvd rom and it would not play. I have gone over this step by step.Can you tell me what format the movie studios use + or - .Not sure why none of the 6 movies i dubed do not play but on one dvd player stand alone ,And only on my desk top computer . Need help bad .
                Manufacturers don't use - or +. They are done a layer at a time and pressed together in a machine.

Panasonics like DVD - best. I have great success with both DVD - and + with multiple Sony players.

What DVD player models are they?

Have you tried Ritek (preferably Ridisc or Ridata) discs?

Comment

• navybarker
                  • Mar 2004

Not sure of the model sony it is about 5 yrs old . All 7 movies play on a newer Jvc " xmas 2003" . Does it mater the programs you use i have used two diff programs.I used DVD Decrp and shrink one set.Then i used Nero to burn another after shrink did its job ,Then i used DVD2Copy some crap i got on sell but it is a all in one program . I have used Maxwell ,Fuji,And TDK + and - i will see if those disc are available in my area.Is there another program i could use . I just do not want to be forced by my kids all new dvd players. As they do not live close and we are in three diff homes .Bying Shrek are any other can get quite pricey.

And thank you again for your help
                  Last edited by navybarker; 22 Nov 2004, 01:25 AM.

Comment

• setarip
                    Retired
                    • Dec 2001

"I just do not want to be forced by my kids all new dvd players. As they do not live close and we are in three diff homes .Bying Shrek are any other can get quite pricey."

What do you mean by this?

Comment

• navybarker
                      • Mar 2004

I would like to buy one movie and dub it .And make as many copies as i like. Just want to make sure i am doing it right with the right programs like x copy or somthing like that. Just need to make this work for them .They love all the Disneymovies and powerpuff girls . So i need to be able to rent or by one copy and make sure they all have one.

Comment

• navybarker
                        • Mar 2004

will double check the models and get back to you .I did have one play which was Apocalypypse Now Redux and some 911 in Plane view .I followed the same steps as i did with the 2 other movies but i they would not play .I do not know if there was somthing wrong in the way they fianalised or what? I have i copy dvds2 and dvdd derip/Shrink/Nero and none seem to work. I dont know if i just need a new program or what. But Shrek2 and Elf did not play as apocalypse Now did whic i used the - on I even switched to the + and it did not make a diff .But i will check the model and go fro there .Just want to make sur i am doing this right be for it get to costly with all these diff program .

Thank you for your help.

Comment

• navybarker
                          • Mar 2004

I have checked all my DVD players and they all play -/+ mp3 and the such.colby dvd224
                          Jvc xvs500b
                          sony s360.
                          These are the Models in my home and only the Jvc Plays all of the burt one that i treid like Shrek2/Elf /Peter pan Live.The others do not they say there is no disc or wrong disc.So i an truly stumped as to why i used same brand same programs and nothing.My kids said that Sherk played on there Colby but stopped and would not play any more even after unpulgging for more than an hour .They did tell me it played on another player and then stopped working on that as well when they tried to rewatch it. I even tried to get Peter Pan to play on some one esle dvd rom and it did but it was very choppy . So tell me what to do next i have used memorex 8x/Fuji8x/maxell 4x disc .

Thank you for your help

Comment

Working...