X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • freakj
    • Apr 2004

vcd burning on dvd discs

What´s up people.

I have a friend who showed me a dvd-r disc that contained at least 3 vcd movies which could play on a stand-alone dvd player. I have tried to do this but can´t seem to find the right programs. I have tried to encode with the nero 6.3.0.3 but finally realized that you can´t burn vcd onto a dvd disc regardless of + or -. I have a dvd+rw burner and a dvd+/-rw burner (nec 2500A and benq). I have tried with almost every burn program... nero, tmpgenc, wincreator, roxio dvd builder, virtual dub, winoncd6, cdrwin5, ulead 7, clonedvd2, xoom-, davideo3pro, almost every thing I can find and it still is not possible. Please tell me how did that little creep do it?
  • Rick1488
    • Jan 2004

I have successfully burned VCD'S as well as SVCD'S to DVD+R with Intervideo DVDCopy 2 and I haven't run into any problem yet, but let me give u a fair warning if you use dvdcopy to compress a movie in dvd format you will run into pixillation and it's pretty extreme. So just use it for copying SVCD, VCD an DIVX. You can use dvdcopy for all those formats .

Comment

• freakj
      • Apr 2004

i really appreciate your help. thanx a million. i will try to find this DVDCopy 2 and check it out. i am just so happy that there is a ray of light at the end of the tunnel. this may mean no more sleepless frustrating nights. and for once i could finally put that little mr. know-it-all geek in his place. he. he. he.

Comment

• ignignot
        • Mar 2004

If you have VCD movies, simply copy the .mpg files from the MPEGAV directory on the disc onto your hard drive, and load them into DVD authoring software. Technically, the only change that should be necessary to the files is changing the sound from 44.1kHz to 48 kHz - after that is done, the mpegs are 100% compatible with the DVD specs. Most DVD authoring software out there will automatically do this for you as far as I know.

Comment

• freakj
          • Apr 2004

i really appreciate your response. and i will try this method also. i noticed with tmpgenc dvd author it only takes files from dvds, dvdcopy 2 only takes dvd files also. but what i need is something that could take an vcd or svcd file that is already on a cd-r or hard drive (i.e. an internet film in mpg1 or mpg2 format) and burn these onto a dvd. this is probably not possible because a cd-r is not compatible with a dvd-r, huh? anyway i will continue the fight, if i don´t lose my mind trying. thanx for all of your help and support, at least there are some nice alternatives out there. peace

Comment

• ignignot
            • Mar 2004

I don't have much experience w/ TMPGEnc DVD author, but I have a lot of experience with the TMPGEnc MPEG encoder, and I would assume that as the author made an MPEG 1/2 encoder that he would also include support for such files in his DVD authoring program.

Here's a few links to check out that might help you out though:

How to author a DVD using TMPEGEnc DVD Author

VCD/SVCD to DVD guides

good luck!

Comment

Working...