Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • simmy
    • Nov 2003

why am I getting mixed results?

Hi, I have been backing up successfully for over a year now, primarily using nero/shrink/ritek I have just upgraded my DVD player from Toshiba sd330e to a Toshiba DR1 recorder. I thought this was a pretty safe bet, my burner is Toshiba, my old player which played everything was Toshiba so getting a new Toshiba player/recorder which actually burns -DVDR will definitely play my -DVDR back-ups right?.........well yes & no it only plays about 50% of my back ups some play fine, some freeze after a few seconds, some won't load at all, the thing is, I am looking for a pattern so I can eradicate the problem but I have films burnt on the exact same brand disc,burnt using the same software & even burnt at the same speed, one will play fine the other not?????
    Can anyone please shed any light on what may be the problem, Thanks.
  • simmy
    • Nov 2003

I have just sussed it, the DR-1 seems to have problems playing anything burnt on anything other than itself if burnt over 1x, Ritek media burnt at 2x takes about 30 mins using Nero & was problematic, Memorex media burnt at 2x was oddly taking 60 mins & was playing fine on the DR-1 so I burnt Ritek discs at 1x to simulate the 60 min burn time of the Memorex discs and it plays fine on the DR-1.

Comment

Working...