X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mnatour
    • Apr 2004

zone 2 dvd

dear friends,

i have a bunch of zone 2 dvd that i would like to copy to zone so i can watch them , i used dvd shrink to copy it to my hard drive and it was ok to this point.
    then i used dvd x copy platinum, nero, dvd encrypter and imagetool... to cut a long story short i ended up with 4 copies of the same movie and none of them is zone free as it was suppose to be , knowing that i encrypted it zone free to my hard drive and when burning.
    so when it says zone free it does not mean it is
    any suggestions? did anybody actually try it zone free??
    putting all 4 copies in any dvd player will generate cannot play zone limitation

thanks
  • Junkie_ball
    • Jan 2004

I never had any problem with burning my back-ups region free using DVD Shrink and then writing with Nero 5.5.

You could try going to www.dvdrhelp.com and search (or search on google) for a crack for your standalone player and set it to region free, this is what i had to do my girlfriends LG 5253 Dvd Player?
    SYSTEM:

Pentioum Duo 6400, 8 GB Ram, 500Gb Hardrive, 32x DVD Rom, 16 x TCorp Duel Layer Burner, Geforce 7900GTX.

Bow to the gods of Digital-Digest

http://www.wix.com/martinhopkins/designandphotography

Comment

• sfheath
      Lord of Digital Video
      Lord of Digital Video
      • Sep 2003

have you looked at your burned media with DVD Decrypter/ISO/Read to see if you're setting a region?
      This isn't a learning curve ... this is b****y mountaineering!

Comment

• mnatour
        • Apr 2004

yes i did check with decrypter there is no rce protection and zone 1 to 8 are listed but still no can read on a home dvd player
        then i found this software DVD Region-free that has a trial free download they claim that after installing it u can view and burn dvd region free with any supported software like dvd x copy etc..
        well after installing it i could read with cineplayer a zone 2 dvd on my pc without having to change the player zoning ( knowing u only have 3 or 4 time to change it before a permanant change is locked) any way could not play with windows media player thow or real one u could only listen to audio.... while for burning still the same so now i have one more copy dvd zone2 that does not play in a regular home dvd player

Comment

Working...