Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jsmwatson
    • Mar 2004

kill *ill

hi guys / gals having a prob getting the associate subtitles when they speak japanese onto the copy working on dvd but not transferring onto copy tried shrink (3 versions), dvd * copy and dvd decrypt no joy on any ...do you know is it associated with a stream or do you know good prog to copy everything including the subs
  • nwg
    Left *****
    • Jun 2003

Are you doing a reauthor in Shrink? Try full disc mode, some people have the same problem when using reauthor mode.

It is possible to use Titleset Blanker to get rid ot the extras (I have jsut done it on the same DVD) and keep the fill disc mode.

You could also try setting English to the default subtitle stream when you reauthor.

Comment

• Mig$y
      Retired
      • Jan 2004

as nwg said try a full disc backup. I also backed up Kill Bill today and kept all the menus/featues and it came out really well.

Besides the main menu is too funky to get rid off. I need to find out the name of that tune!

Comment

• jsmwatson
        • Mar 2004

tried most of the suggestions still no subs when japanese talking..can anyone give me any ideas

Comment

• kuneo
          • Jan 2004

It may be your DVD player NOT the disc itself.

I believe I had noticed the same thing, but went into my player's menu, and sure enough the subtitle setting was turned off somehow.
          Turning it back on corrected the problem-it wasn't my disc's fault.

Check it out if you haven't-Quentin may be messing with us

K

Comment

• nwg
            Left *****
            • Jun 2003

I believe I had noticed the same thing, but went into my player's menu, and sure enough the subtitle setting was turned off somehow.
            Usually, when you select subs on, it makes the subs turn on as default with all discs.

I am also doing Kill Bill right now with DVD Rebuilder. I compressed the extras and menu a bit with DVD Shrink and now processing with CCE. I'll see if I have the subtitle problem when I test it out.
            Last edited by nwg; 23 Apr 2004, 08:30 AM.

Comment

• kuneo
              • Jan 2004

Thats the wierd thing-

I had subtitles on before as always (I think), but somehow the disc turned the subs off, and until I manually enabled them on my home dvd player they wouldn't show.

Or it could have been an unrelated power surge/power outage that reset my subtitle's off or gremlin...Quentin???

Let us know

K

Comment

• jsmwatson
                • Mar 2004

its not the full subtitles i want...i just want the part when they talk japanese the writing that spells it out in english..like after she leaves the first house and the little girl there is a voice over in japanese ..i get no subtitles then or when they talk later

Comment

• nwg
                  Left *****
                  • Jun 2003

I have done it with DVD Rebuilder and the Japanese language subs are there.

Comment

• kuneo
                    • Jan 2004

We understand that it's not the full subtitle's you're talking about.

What we're saying is that the parts you're talling about "are" transferring to our backup's.

Mine tranferred fine with Shrink, but I did have to change a setting in my home DVD player before they would appear during playback.

That may or mat not be your answer-sorry.

K

Comment

• Weezhard
                      • Feb 2004

assuming it is the R2 version you are backing up:

the subtitle stream you need is stream 3.
                      when i reauthored just the main movie and the subtitles using Shrink, i had to add a precommand to the pgc command table using ifoedit to force the subtitles on
                      Ath XP 3000+ | 1024Mb RAM | 2 x WD 160Gb SATA | RAID 0 | LiteON 617t | Sony DW-U10A
                      XP-Pro SP1 | DVDDecryptor 3.2.0.0 | DVD Shrink 3.1.7b3 | IFOEdit 0.96

Nero free system

Comment

Working...