Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • milkinit
    • May 2004

burning problems

im very new to dvd shrink and at the start was going very well but now all i seem to be doing is turning out loads of coasters.
    as im a begginer with computers i would be grateful if someone could give me some help. i dont now what u need to know so wait for some reply
    thanks milkinit
  • ormonde
    Digital Video Explorer
    • Dec 2003

Could you state "Specifically" what your problem is with regards to burning?

Comment

• sfheath
      Lord of Digital Video
      Lord of Digital Video
      • Sep 2003

Well, Rule Number One in my book is use ReWriteables but we're gonna need a bit more info .... like,
      burner, media format and brand, authoring application, standalone player .. and probably a bit more!
      This isn't a learning curve ... this is b****y mountaineering!

Comment

• milkinit
        • May 2004

i've got a amd athlon xp 3000+processor,512md ram,120gb h/drive,pioneer dvd rw dvr-106d,i've use two different types of media mirror platinum pro dvd-r 4x 4.7gb,bulkpaq dvd-r 4.7gb 4xspeed,i am using nero 6.0.0.17, and my standalone dvd player is a hyundi.
        this is all the info i can think of at this moment. The problem i get is that it fails burning anything from 45%- 95%.
        The only time i get 100% complete is if i use dvd-rw but this makes it very expensive

Comment

• Mig$y
          Retired
          • Jan 2004

First, update your Nero.

The latest version is 6.3.1.10.

You can get the update here:

Nero Upgrade Center - Comparez nos produits Nero ! Mise à niveau vers la dernière version ✓ Aperçu de tous les produits Nero ✓ Caractéristiques ►Mise à niveau maintenant !

Comment

• milkinit
            • May 2004

i installed nero from your link and tryed dvd shrink but ended up with another coaster failed at 76%
            do u think it could be my burner
            thanks for your reply mig$y

Comment

• sfheath
              Lord of Digital Video
              Lord of Digital Video
              • Sep 2003

Do you use the link from Shrink to Nero? Some folk fair better with disabling this and running the apps separately.

Have you checked the Pioneer site for firmware versions?

I'd also look up www.dvdrhelp.com/dvdwriters for those media you're using.

You could also Shrink to an ISO file and try DVD Decrypter to burn instead.

Even after all this it may still be your brands of media
              Can you write CDs OK?

Comment

• Mig$y
                Retired
                • Jan 2004

Hi milkinit,

I've been down the Bulpaq road..... They are nice and cheap and do fine for data but I did not experience the best results with them with video. Stick with your Mirror Platinum Pro media as it uses the very reliable Ritek dye.

Until you resolve your problem I would invest in some RW's to keep your costs down.

Comment

• milkinit
                  • May 2004

i've been to the firmware site, downloaded the right firmware for the pioneer dvd rw 106d and when im installing i get a message that says "available target not found" can anyone tell me what this means. as i had failers on both media ive used im not sure where to go with the next lot i buy, can anyone suggest one to try thats ok for them and where to buy.
                  thanks for all your help.. milkinit

Comment

• sfheath
                    Lord of Digital Video
                    Lord of Digital Video
                    • Sep 2003

Are you sure you're trying the correct firmware for your model and the correct OS type, ie Windows or DOS?

Comment

Working...