Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gailian
    • May 2004

freezing playback

hi, ive been doing backups for a while now but just these last couple of months run into a lot of problems.a lot of family and friends watch them on various players.the films are freezing, especially towards the end,(even the small films-not burnt to edges). i have always used ,either smartripper,decrypter,shrink,dvd2one and veritas recordmax and sonic recordmax deluxe to burn, i cant understand it as b4 i only had the odd one, but now it seems 2 out of 5 are doing it. i dont use labels, ritek dye printables(the printer has been printing off grid tho--just a daft thought after reading article about labels)..any help would be greatly appreciated..thanks in advance
    ps..dvd burner is a pioneer 105
  • axis45
    • Aug 2002

your message is a little unclear,do you print on the discs or not,if you do I'd cut that out,second if your burner is over a year old it may be not as good as it was,always burn at 4x..found it to be better than 2x
    It's not an easy question as there are so many reasons,basically it is a poor quality burn that causes freezing,but burning will never be as good as pressing so you will get dud discs,use the best media you can afford,also I don't really rate one click solutions like shrink as the playability of the discs are not as good as with a more professional type set up like a cce encoder based programme like dvd2dvdr,then again the movie has to be over 4.7gb to use an encoder..to be honest I prefer a good long encoding to a straight copy cause the disc is so much more playable-but if you don't want too much hassle I'd think about a new ao6 if the drive is old.

Comment

• gailian
      • May 2004

k thanks, yes i do print on the discs, and i always pay for the ritek grade a discs, i never really had a prob tho until recently with them..what dvd writer would you recommend then?also (as i am still a learner) and what do you mean by "pressing"..i rip the film to the hard drive, then either shrink or dvd20ne and then burn.also(sorry to fire all these questions) can you suggest any good alternative software for the complete process(free of course)..thanks for your help

Comment

• burris
        • Sep 2004

Re: freezing playback

Originally posted by gailian
        hi, ive been doing backups for a while now but just these last couple of months run into a lot of problems.a lot of family and friends watch them on various players.the films are freezing, especially towards the end,(even the small films-not burnt to edges). i have always used ,either smartripper,decrypter,shrink,dvd2one and veritas recordmax and sonic recordmax deluxe to burn, i cant understand it as b4 i only had the odd one, but now it seems 2 out of 5 are doing it. i dont use labels, ritek dye printables(the printer has been printing off grid tho--just a daft thought after reading article about labels)..any help would be greatly appreciated..thanks in advance
        ps..dvd burner is a pioneer 105
        Interesting....

I use DVD2One and burn with Nero on a Sony DRU700a with the latest firmware.

Every disc works on all kinds of stand alone players from Cyberhome to my Panasonic DMR-E80H. I burn anywhere from x2 on a -RW up to x4-x8 on my -R.

These discs play perfectly on all my friends players with one exception....

Panasonic PV-D734S combo Vcr/Dvd Deck.

Commercial DVDs play fine on this deck and some of my copies do well, but most do not.

I use FujiFilmM03 and rarely have a coaster.

Any help would be appreciated....

Comment

• Norm
          • Dec 2004

If you are using +R blanks you can try setting the booktype to DVD-ROM. I have a Tempermental Toshiba Stand alone and that is the way I get all my burns to work. Do a search for booktype or bitsetting. Here are a few links that explain http://forum.digital-digest.com/show...light=booktype

Last edited by Norm; 23 Feb 2005, 11:56 AM.
          "Women"

can't live with 'em........Pass the Beernuts

Comment

Working...