Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • madman012
    • May 2004

Audio Problem

I just finished backing up Kill Bill Volume 1 and when I tried to play it on my PS2, the title menu's had sound but when the movie played there was no sound. I went back and played my DVD files on my HDD and they worked perfectly, sound and everything. When I burned this DVD I had to use Nero seperately. What might my problem be?
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

And what happens if you try to play the burned DVD on your PC?

Comment

• madman012
      • May 2004

Same problem, sound for the title menu's but none for the movie.

Comment

• lgha
        Digital Video Technician
        Digital Video Technician
        • Mar 2004

madman012 - which version of Shrink are you using 3.1.?
        Which version of Nero are you using?
        Several people have reported having problems backing up KBv1 and trying to play them back on PS2.
        Which region and code is the KBv1 dvd, north american, europe..?
        I assumed the dvd is north american but I had to ask.

Added note: Although this is not KBv1 it might be interest in regard to the PS2:

Last edited by lgha; 23 May 2004, 10:48 PM.

Comment

• madman012
          • May 2004

i'm using shrink 3.1, nero 6.3 or whatever (the newest one), and it's the North American one, well actually Canadian (bilingual french/english). It's not the problem with my ps2 that i am having, the dvd does the same thing on my computer too so it has something to do with the audio files for the movie.

Comment

• lgha
            Digital Video Technician
            Digital Video Technician
            • Mar 2004

Try this and see what happens – use a RW to cut down on coasters:

Rip KBv1 with DVDDecryptor v 3.2.2 to your HDD:

Shrink using DVDShrink v3.1.2:

You should use the newer versions of DVD Shrink since these versions are old and no longer supported. DVDShrink download DVDShrink English version 2.3 [366KB] released June 15, 2003 freeware (all versions 2.3) Dutch | French | German | Greek | Italian | Japanese | Norwegian | Portuguese | Slovak | Spanish | Swedish […]

Do not change any settings in either program. Be sure Nero is updated to the newest version:

Nero Platinum - 7 programmes en une suite ! ✓ Montage vidéo ✓ Streaming ✓ Sécurité des données ✓ Conversion ✓ Gravure ✓ Radio mondiale ► Plus d'informations

Using the wizard to make a DVD and NOT a Data dvd. I just redid
            this movie to be sure all worked well and everything plays as it should, subtitles included. I'm reading alot of post about problems with Shrink 317 and subtitles and I'd like to take Shrink out of the problem area, it's just to good a program. Please report back.

Added note - check in the nero (Ahead) folder and see if you InCD installed - if so remove this as it is known to cause problems with Shrink.
            Last edited by lgha; 24 May 2004, 10:02 PM.

Comment

Working...