Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HSVGTO55
    • May 2004

copy from DVD to DVD

Hi Guys, I am new at this and not real good a connecting these things but I need some help so here we go. I have a Panasonic Plasma moniter and from that I have connected a JVC video recorder player. a Denon DVD player and a Bose 25 Lifestyle Home surround sound. My problem is I want to connect a LG DVD Recorder to my Denon DVD player and back-up my DVD movie collection I have about 200 DVD's, how do I do this, Any advice would be greatly appricated. Thanks Cheers
  • sfheath
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Sep 2003

If these are originals, they will probably be DVD9's and hence larger than the present blank capacities. Therefore, a straight connection will not achieve your goal.
    Maybe when DVD9 blanks emerge, supposedly very soon! and if your recorder is compatible, this might work but in the meantime, I'm afraid you'll be stuck with backing up via PC and DVD5 media.
    This isn't a learning curve ... this is b****y mountaineering!

Comment

• ormonde
      Digital Video Explorer
      • Dec 2003

"My problem is I want to connect a LG DVD Recorder to my Denon DVD player and back-up my DVD movie collection I have about 200 DVD's, how do I do this"

If you have "Commercial" DVDs in your collection, you will first have to "Rip" them in order to remove the copyright protection(s). You can achieve this by using "DVD Decrypter", "SmartRipper" or "DVD Shrink". You would have to do this via a PC as you can't just hook up a standalone DVD recordable drive to another standalone drive and just "Copy" the DVD(s). If they are just "Home" movies, then disregard this post.
      Last edited by ormonde; 26 May 2004, 01:51 AM.

Comment

Working...