X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kahapa
    • May 2004

burning DVD

Need help.

first time user to dvd burning. have downloaded DVD shrink 3.1.7 and DVD decrypter. Works well, but when I use Nero to burn backup and then attemt to play the dvds my player reads disc error ! Some of my movies work, most don't and the ones that do have all of the titles and menus in the wrong spot eg at the end of the dvd.

Nero says then burn was sucessful. should I be using another program. I downloaded the trial nero 6 package to see how good it was/n't b4 buring one.
  • Mig$y
    Retired
    • Jan 2004

Hi Kahapa,

You could try getting Shrink to output an ISO and get DVD Decrypter to burn....

Also if you are using poor quality media this may cause you trouble with playback.

I would first check http://www.videohelp.com/dvdplayers to see if your standalone first of all supports the media you are using and likes it.

Have you made successfull backups in the past?

Comment

• Kahapa
      • May 2004

Mig$y,

I have an internal hp dvdwriter 300n which only supprts writing to dvd+RW. I will try and output to ISO. Also should I splt the adio and video files into different folders ?

How do you burn a dvd using decrypter ?

thans for your help

Comment

• Mig$y
        Retired
        • Jan 2004

If you are burning to Nero manually, follow this guide.

To create an ISO using DVD Shrink, select your Target Device as an ISO from the backup menu.

You will need to download DVD Decrypter: http://www.dvddecrypter.com/download.asp

When you select an ISO from DVD Shrink, check the "Launch DVD Decrypter" box at the bottom of the Backup window and Decrypter will automatically open for burning when Shrink has finished its biz.

Comment

• Kahapa
          • May 2004

Mig$y,

a thousand thankyou's....it works.

Your assistance was greatly appreciated. It's the first time I've found a forum to be so fast and helpful...hats off.

Paul..

Comment

• Mig$y
            Retired
            • Jan 2004

No probs, Glad 2 help.

Comment

Working...