Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jaycute
    • Feb 2004

Need help burning to DVD+RW(THANKS)

I am using nero 6.0 and lite-on 451s burner, tried to burn to a dvd+rw.
    First nero says it's formatting the disk, then it does the burn operation and says it burned successfully. When I look at the surface of the disk it looks as if it has been written to but when i place it back into the computer it is read as an empty disk.

Burning to dvd-r and dvd+r works without any problems.

I have no idea what to do, please help.

Thanks.
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

1) You SHOULD NOT format the DVD+RW...

2) If you are using NERO v.6.0.0.0, upgrade immediately, as it is terribly flawed

Comment

• nwg
      Left *****
      • Jun 2003

You SHOULD NOT format the DVD+RW...
      Nero formats the DVD automatically. I prefer to use quick format using DVDinfopro though prior to using Nero.

Once data is on the disc, it just erases the data.

Comment

• jaycute
        • Feb 2004

I am using nero 6.3.1.6 is there any way to stop nero from formatting the disk?

Thanks for the help.

Comment

• nwg
          Left *****
          • Jun 2003

Not possible as far as I know. The disc needs to be formatted prior to burning for the first time, Otherwise no data can be written to the disc.

It's the same thing with hard disks. They have to formatted before being written to.

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

"The disc needs to be formatted prior to burning for the first time, Otherwise no data can be written to the disc."

I'd suggest that you experiment by using a v.5.x.x.x of NERO. I don't believe you'll see the program automatically "formatting" any kind of disc (DVD-R/ RW or DVD+R/ RW or CD-R/RW)...

Comment

• nwg
              Left *****
              • Jun 2003

I have used Nero 5.5 and it was exactly the same.

Comment

• jaycute
                • Feb 2004

what program do you guys recommend, that will definately work without problems? why does my my computer still read the disk as empty even though nero says it has successfully written the disk?

Thanks.

Comment

• setarip
                  Retired
                  • Dec 2001

There's the possibility that your lite-on 451s burner, or whatever drive you are trying to playbackthe DVD+R/W is not capable of READING that format of media.

To determine the capabilities/limitations of your specific brand and model of standalone DVD player, as well as media compatibility, go to:

To determine the capabilities/limitations of your DVD burner, as well as media compatibility, go to:

(If necessary, open the Device Manager in the Control Panel to determine the make and model number)
                  Last edited by setarip; 16 Jul 2004, 04:08 PM.

Comment

• jaycute
                    • Feb 2004

well the specs says it's capable so I have no idea what's the problem.

Any other ideas?

Thanks.

Comment

• setarip
                      Retired
                      • Dec 2001

Have you tried playing the burned disc on a standalone DVD player that you KNOW is capable of playing back DVD+R/Ws?

Comment

• jaycute
                        • Feb 2004

yes and it doesn't work.

Comment

• Floppy

Anything which as been formated, will be empty

I use dvd rw from emtec and I just use normally like I would use any other media.

choosing the right option under Nero may help... try erasing the disk completly. If all fails your drive may not be compatible with that particular brand of media...

I have posted links to upgrade fimware in other threads... have a look... http://forum.rpc1.org/portal.php

On a last note -RW -R are far more compatible than the +R +RW even if your drive supports both -/+.

You can also just have a bad disk. Have you tried another?

hope it is of help to you...
                          Last edited by Guest; 19 Jul 2004, 06:04 PM.

Comment

Working...