X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dublo7
    Wii're History!
    • May 2004

Why is it so different burning on 2X?

Well I have encountered some problems with copying my DVDs. And I havent had the chance to buy some more DVD-R disks, but will do so tomorrow.
    I'm just wondering why does burning on 2X help the outcome of the disc so much?
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

If you've been having problems burning at a higher rate, burning at a lower rate makes for a better possibility of successfully burning ALL bits...

Comment

• nwg
      Left *****
      • Jun 2003

It's basically down to DVD media quality. Some makes of DVD can cause pixelation or don't work at all when burn at fast speeds. A solution that sometimes works, is not to go to the edge of the disc. leaving 200-300MB spare and burn at 2x.

It can also depend on the burner used. Some people can make these discs work fine.

The discs I know of that can be problematic are Princo and Bulkpaq. It is down to the dye used.

I use Ritek 'Grade A' Ridisc discs -R's. They are 4x discs but, I burn at 2x. They have G04 dye. I have managed to put 4.34GB on the disc. I always leave a little at the edge of the disc.

Comment

• Dublo7
        Wii're History!
        • May 2004

Nice I just backed up my First Season of Transformers.
        I did it with "DVD shrink" and "IMG Tool burn" with the Nero 6 API.
        I burnt it on 2x and its all good.

Thanks.

Comment

• setarip
          Retired
          • Dec 2001

Glad to hear of your success!

Comment

Working...