Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • solanog
    • Jun 2004

Questions about Lite on 411

I recently purchased a Lite on 411 burner, there is a firmware available for it at manufacturers web page, what can I gain or loose if I run this firmware?
    Another question, the manual states that when I played a certain region DVD the burner will be set to this region then if another region disk is played then that will become the default region. But this changes will happen only five times, after that the last region will be kept and it won't be possible to switch between regions, is this true? How would I play different region disks on my computer after this? I have DVDs which are 1, 4 and other regions.
    Thanks for your help.
    Last edited by solanog; 24 Jul 2004, 02:29 AM.
  • Sophocles
    • Jul 2004

Firmware updates improves compatibility with the latest media, it also deals with iperformance issues and even read and burn speads. Before upgrading your firmware be sure to read an follow the manufacture's instructions.

Unless you're acquiring DVD's from around the world, you don't need to be concerned with region codes, and a firmware upgrade won't affect them. If you have 4 changes now you'll have 4 after the update.
    "Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth." Sherlock Holmes (by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, 1859-1930)

Comment

• solanog
      • Jun 2004

So once my 5 changes are up it would be impossible to change region again? I have some DVD's which are region 1 and others are region 4 others are both, if I play from 1 or for and keep changing them would my 5 changes be gone? I there a way to reset it?

Comment

• ignignot
        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by solanog
        I there a way to reset it?
        Yes there is, and it doesn't even require a download: LtnRPC

Comment

• digidragon
          Gold Member
          Gold Member
          • Dec 2003

If you get from the LtnRPC utliity from http://dhc014.rpc1.org/LtnRPC/ it will either make your drive region-free or let you reset the changed counter (your choice).

I have the same drive as you and this utility works well.

Comment

• digidragon
            Gold Member
            Gold Member
            • Dec 2003

Originally posted by ignignot
            Yes there is, and it doesn't even require a download: LtnRPC
            You just beat me to it...

But it does require a download, the web page shows only a mock up of the utility - it won't actually change anything.

Comment

• solanog
              • Jun 2004

Thanks a lot, I'lll give it a try tonight!

BTW how good are this Lite on burners? This model? This is my first DVD burner and it has worked great unless I use OPTODISK -R media, which has failed three out of five times. Generally I use HP +R and has been O.K.
              What about Memorex media? Which other brands would you recommed?
              Last edited by solanog; 24 Jul 2004, 02:28 AM.

Comment

• digidragon
                Gold Member
                Gold Member
                • Dec 2003

Ritek G04 (-R) and RICOJPN (+R) work every time, and also play back perfectly on standalones.

Comment

• solanog
                  • Jun 2004

Thanks.
                  I've never used this drive for CD burning, I have a CD burner too. Is it suitable for CD burning? The DVD burner came with software, can't remember the name (Sonic My DVD??)but seems not very useful at least to me, is this a good software or should I get something better? What?

Comment

• nightwingken
                    • Apr 2004

'What about Memorex media? '
                    i recently bought a lite - on was burning a few coasters of memorex+r dvds.
                    i was able to burn with imation dvd +r.
                    have you been able to burn with memorex using lite on?

Comment

• solanog
                      • Jun 2004

Lately I've been using PRINCO media (DVD-R 4X) they've work nicely, one failed out of 12 (burning videos, movies)but it was my fault, still could use that one for data storage. They are very cheap compared to other known brands.

Comment

Working...