Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • amnarii
    • Jun 2004

SVCD problem...

I recently got an image (.cue and .bin files) for an SVCD, and I tried to burn it but it doesn't seem to work at all. In the root directory I have 4 folders, named EXT, MPEG2, SEGMENT, and SVCD.

In the EXT folder I have a file named SCANDATA.DAT, in the MPEG2 folder I have a file named AVSEQ01.MPG, the SEGMENT folder is empty, and the SVCD folder has files named ENTRIES.SVD, INFO.SVD, LOT.SVD, PSD.SVD, SEARCH.DAT, and TRACKS.SVD.

If I try to play the mpg file in the MPEG2 folder, I get an error and nothing happens (tried in multiple players, including WMP, Zplayer, Quicktime). I tried to convert the mpg file to an AVI and get an error that there is no audio track and even if I try to convert anyway, the conversion will not work.

I know that the image file was downloaded properly, with no errors; but the original might have been corrupt. Else, since this is the first SVCD I have ever done anything with, it may just be that I don't know what I am doing.

Any suggestions?
  • amnarii
    • Jun 2004

Been playing around with this - I have 3 different SVCD's and I have the same problem wtha ll of them, so I doubt it is corrupt files; most likely it is me lacking a needed component or simply the knowledge to properly play an SVCD.

I have managed to convert the mpg. file (AVSEQ01.MPG - same name in all three SVCD's) to a viewable mpeg-2 format using TMPGEnc, however when I do this the audio is roughly 13 seconds offset from the video; I see everything 12 to 13 seconds before I hear it. I have watched portions of all 3 SVCD's I converted, and all seem to be this same delay. It doesn't matter at what point I start the video, I get the same problem, it is not slowly losing synch, but is just offset.

Is there a way to fix this? I tried demultiplexing the streams, but then I don't know what to do once I get the separate audio and video file. I'd appreciate any help you might provide!

Comment

• amnarii
      • Jun 2004

Oh, hrmm... just noticed I posted this in the wrong forum! I thought I was in the SVCD, not the DVD forum. Can a moderator move this so I don't have to double post? Thanks!

Comment

Working...