Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • reepicheep
    • Jul 2004

USB v2.0 Cardbus Issues

I posted this over on the newbie board but thought it might be a little more appropriate here.

Since purchasing my first burner a few days ago, I have successfully backed up a few of DVDs using old USB ports on my computer with virtually no problems. I purchased a cardbus for 2.0 in the hopes that the burning process would be faster. However, when I try and use it, my laptop has trouble recognizing that the burner is there and at random times I get a "blue screen" noting some errors that occurred at which point the computer restarts. I am using Windows xP.

I believe this problem to be totally due to the cardbus since I have not experienced it again having removed it and proceeded to burn with old USB. Anybody know what I am going through/doing wrong? Or is it just a defective cardbus? Thanks.
  • Kinta777
    • May 2004

G'Day mate. I sometimes exp the same prob. It told me that my cardbus was hot-swappable ( i.e. no need to turn off notebook when I inserted it or ran anything off it), but the fact remains that I sometimes need to shut down (or am uncontrollably shutdown)when I swap my PCMCIA card from my wireless node to the 2.0 node. Try this and see how you go. I have had no major issues with my setup. Just make sure the external drive is recognised in ' My Computer' when you plug in your card.

Cheers Big Ears..

Comment

• reepicheep
      • Jul 2004

Problem is now solved. I ended up just exchanging the card for another brand and it works fine. I never did figure out what was causing problems with the other. Nonetheless, thanks to all for the help.

Comment

Working...