Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nhojnhoj
    • Jan 2004

back up dvd - error

i`m using windows xp with latest versions of nero 6.3, dvd decryptor and dvd shrink. they are all working perfectly before and after the problem i have encountered while trying to make a back up of a dvd copy.

the copy is on a RiDisk and it plays fine on both my pc and my dvd player. i`ve tried the disk in my brothers pc and get the same fault so its definately the disk....

so the problem is this...

if i do a straight copy with nero it fails at burn and says nero couldnt initialise the disk

if i rip with decryptor then dvd shrink says it has encountered an error. `invalid data in file.`

If i try to open the disk directly with dvd shrink i get the message `DVD shrink encountered an error - invalid DVD navigation structure`

any fast help would be well appreciated. thanks
  • nhojnhoj
    • Jan 2004

just as an addition the files listed on the disk are as follows..

video_TS 12 kb ifo
    video_TS 10,058 kb vob
    video_TS.BUP 12 kb bup
    VTS_01_0 90 kb ifo
    VTS_01_0 20,128 kb vob
    VTS_01.0.BUP 90 kb bup
    VTS_01_1 1,048330 kb vob
    VTS_01_2 1,048,346 kb vob
    VTS_01_3 1,048,380 kb vob
    VTS_01_4 1,048,412kb vob
    VTS_01_5 316,946 kb vob

Comment

• nhojnhoj
      • Jan 2004

sorted now!!

i committed the cardinal sin of not doing a search because i thought it wouldnt throw anything up. how silly did i feel to get about 5 bloomin` pages of results!

anyway, only 1 thread of the first two pages suggested something different and it was this one that worked,

thanks to wingerz for that suggestion about ifo edit.
      top work

Comment

Working...