Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Too-Cool
    • Feb 2004

Hic-cups

Just burned two movie at 4x on a LG-GSA-4040B/A106 firmware using Ritek G03 +R disk (rated for burns up to 8x).

The problem is both movie will only play on the 4040 and nothing else, at first I figured it was bad disks or I just couldn't burn at 4x so I checked them with DVDINFOPRO, no problems. However since the burned copies will play on the burner, that means my 4040B with A106 firmware will burn at 4x.

I'm now thinking it's the Ritek G03 disk which is rated to burn up to 8x. The burn options I have to choose from in Shrink are 2x, 2.4x, 4x and Maximum speed which I don't use only because I don't know what that refers to.

How far I'm I off, is it the disk or could it be something else? I have burn other brands of disk at 4x and they play on all of my dvd players so I know it not because the burner/firmware.

Another question, if I flash my firmware from A106 to the lastest for for the LG-GSA-4040B will that alter anything in the way shrink and Nero now co-exist that would cause me to start having problems I haven't had before? Thanks in advance Too-Cool
    Last edited by Too-Cool; 8 Aug 2004, 10:21 PM.
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

"could it be something else?"

It could simply be that you're trying to play a DVD+R on a player that can only play DVD-R...

Comment

• Too-Cool
      • Feb 2004

All my players to include the computer dvd rom plays both +- media. I have used Sony, Maxell, Ricoh and Memorex 4x +R's before with no problems. The problems I'm now having I beleive to be cause by the Ritek G03 Media. Sorry if my original post wasn't clear. Thanks Too-Cool
      Last edited by Too-Cool; 9 Aug 2004, 06:53 AM.

Comment

Working...