Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tjfelt
    • Aug 2004

WMV to DVD+R

i have some wmv files on my computer and i want to know how to transfer them to a dvd+r and run it on my dvd player? (i have a dvd recorder)
    THANX
  • Floppy

I presume you mean to play them on your TV.

You must convert those wmv files to a mpeg2 format because standalone dvd players wont support wmv format playback.

Do you have Nero 6?

I would also recommend the use of DVD -R instead of +R because of their compatibility with Standalone DVD player in a general way.

If you have more question please just ask

Comment

• tjfelt
      • Aug 2004

i have a dvdplayer that will play dvd+r and it is easier to get that kind of disc.
      and i do have nero but i dont think that its nero 6

Comment

• Floppy

Hi there tjfelt.

This is going to be a long one, get a cup of coffee.

You must convert the WMV to MPEG2, there are several programs that will support this, but if you invest in the upgrade to Nero 6 it is a straight forward, process.

There is a program that will do this, and you can find it here if you follow:

ASF Converter, Convert ASF to AVI, ASF to MPG, ASF to MPEG, MPEG to ASF, AVI to ASF file all-in-one!

The other problem is the actual size of the finished conversion, If it's bigger than 2GB you will have problems burning it straight to DVD because of after that size you have to use UDF format from Nero and it will play on your comuter and not on your DVD.

Which country are you in?

I ask that for two reasons, the first being if you are in the uk I can suggest a easy cheap way to get access to DVD -R. The other reason is if you wish to share these DVD's with family then you must ask yourself if their DVD players will support DVD +R.

Let me know.

Comment

• tjfelt
          • Aug 2004

i live in the us

Comment

• tjfelt
            • Aug 2004

do i have to use the dvd-r discs i will only be using the discs on my player

Comment

• tjfelt
              • Aug 2004

i updated my version of nero and now have nero6 ultra edition

Comment

• Floppy

Ok

The +R disks are fine, if they work alright on you DVD player.

On Nero startsmart choose expert mode, Click the DVD tabon the top, go to photo and video (4th icon from the right of startsmart) and choose make you own DVD-video.

When nerovision express 2 opens you will have a menu on the left hand side of the open window, choose the second option from the top (ADD video Files).

A browser window will open and you should now choose the folder where you keep the WMV files.

Repeat the process untill you have all of them showing on the original windown for Nerovision express 2.

Notice you have a Used space meter at the bottom of the window. wilst this line remains blue in color it means you have space avilable on the DVD to be created. If it goes on red, delete as many files necessary from this compilation untill it is blue again.

You have at the bottom right hand side a Next button click it.
                If it's the firs time you used this some Tips will pop up and an update window, just close them.

On this window you can choose to add a menu to you compilation, if your happy with the default click next.

And Next on the following screen showing a remote control.

If you wish to change the Pal or NTSC settings click the more button and choose video options. there should be a window with a drop down menu with several options for the PAL/NTSC. make your choice NTSC if it isnt already the default and cick OK.

Back on the last window you should choose where to BURN TO, choose DVD burning drive you have installed, Make sure you have the blank media inserted on the drive and click The BURN button and get yourself a cup of coffee, sit back and wait untill it is done. (it's all automated from here).

You shouldnt experience any problems. Wait until the process as run it's course and when your Drive opens take the DVD and try it on your Player.

Comment

• tjfelt
                  • Aug 2004

when i open the browser none of my files show in the supported files tab so i move it down to all filess and then try to add the files but it says unable to insert.?

Comment

• Floppy

You have nero 6 ultra but what version is it?

Update to the latest version 6.3.1.20 and try again.

I would have recommended usually to unistall the previous version and then install the Latest to avoid this sort of thing... It works for me either way.

Follow this link for the latest version:

Nero Platinum - 7 programmes en une suite ! ✓ Montage vidéo ✓ Streaming ✓ Sécurité des données ✓ Conversion ✓ Gravure ✓ Radio mondiale ► Plus d'informations

Download the clean tool in this link:

http://www.nero.com/en/631938356417810.html (follow instructions)

Download the instructions for Nerovision express 2 here:

Nero Platinum - 7 programmes en une suite ! ✓ Montage vidéo ✓ Streaming ✓ Sécurité des données ✓ Conversion ✓ Gravure ✓ Radio mondiale ► Plus d'informations

Then reinstall nero 6 as normal restart and then apply the latest updates of your choice package 1 and package 2.

Let me know.

These things have a way of going wrong, it's a normal ocurrence as far as I am concerned.

I have done my wedding video this way so I know it works.
                    Last edited by Guest; 19 Aug 2004, 06:06 AM.

Comment

Working...