X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AGreyMan
    • Aug 2004

TMPGEnc lost audio

Hello to all:

Please let me preface this question by saying I have spent a lot of time serching the archives here and if I found the answer to this question, I must have been too thick to realize it!

I am using TMPGEnc Plus to convert an AVI file to MPG2. The video comes through just fine, but the audio is lost somehow when I try to use TMPGEnc DVD Author to make a DVD. The AVI file has the audio, and will play just fine on Windows Media Player. I don't know where it gets lost. I have tried multiple settings, but I just can't make it work. I have tried separatiing the audio and video streams, and leaving them joined.

The frustrating thing is I have done this conversion successfully before, so I know it will work! It's probably just a setting that is messed up, but I am too much of a newbie to see it. I have used the tutorial at Afterdawn.com but it didn't have any insight for me.

Any advice that you can give would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
    AGreyMan
  • AGreyMan
    • Aug 2004

Hello again:

Well, none of the advice given here worked, so I decided to run the AVI file through my Pinnacle Studio 7 program, and st it to make a MPG2 file. It came through with audio, which TMPGEnc DVD Author could then use.

Stay Safe,
    AGreyMan

Comment

• ormonde
      Digital Video Explorer
      • Dec 2003

"The video comes through just fine, but the audio is lost somehow when I try to use TMPGEnc DVD Author to make a DVD"

Well it appears that you achieved success using "Pinnacle Studio 7", but just out of curiosity, what type of audio stream is contained in the original AVI file? (e.g. Ac3, LPCM, mp2)

Comment

• AGreyMan
        • Aug 2004

Hello Ormonde:

GSpot said it's PCM. From what I have read, I gather that in an uncompressed, "raw" type of audio file.

Thanks for the reply.

Stay Safe,
        AGreyMan

Comment

Working...