Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • brainydog
    • Apr 2004

Problem with LG-GSA-4081B

I have a problem trying to burn DVDs. I can rip em, convert them, but I just can't seem to write them. When I insert a blank DVD disk into the player and check the properties, it keeps coming up with used space, as if the disk is full, even though I know the disk is blank. I never had probs before but has just started happening. I have 3 boxes of blanks and have tried a few from each box but they all come up the same. Have re installed win xp with no success. Surely I can't have 3 dud boxes of blanks as I have used the same brand before with no probs. Don't know if the player is defective or my computer is the problem. Seems strange that I never had problems before. Blank CDs come up as all free space but not DVDs. Anyone got any ideas to help me fix this frustrating problem.
  • MINIMOKE
    • Sep 2004

Hi,

I too have a GSA-4081B firmware 101, and I was having problems with burning DVDs. I haven't tried CDs recently.

I use Nero 6.

I upgraded the firmware to 104 and still the problems remain.

I would be interested if you worked out anything yourself.

I have also just posted thread in DVD Recording forum because I believe it is a PC or Nero problem.

Dave

Comment

• brainydog
      • Apr 2004

Gday Minimoke,

I took the drive back to where I bought it from and had them test it for me. They could'nt get it to burn either. They have sent it back to LG for a replacement so I am still waiting for my new one. Hopefully a new 12x dual layer as they don't sell that particular model anymore. I tried various software including nero 6, but when a blank disc keeps showing as full, as mine were, ( have you checked yours ) then I ran out of things to try, which after many frustrating days I decided to take the drive back to where I got it from as it was still under warranty.

Tony.

Comment

• MINIMOKE
        • Sep 2004

Hi Brainydog,

Thanks for the update. Intersesting you had hardware problems with a LG drive. I've come to the same conclussion, especially after LG Service e-mailed back (no questions asked) requestuing I bring it the shop I bought it from for a replacement.

Hopefully they won't test it as I'm not 100% sure that it's at fault, but at least I'll be eliminating one possibility. I'm sure I checked the disks and I'm sure they were not reported as being full.

Anyway, I'll see how I go when/if I get a replacement.

Cheers,

Dave

Comment

Working...